Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Facebook

Default Facebook

There are two "add in" applications available for Facebook users that now allow you to include your eBay listings on your Facebook profile.

Since Facebook has such a large audience, it would be cool to see a new application to allow eBid listings (or stores) to be embedded within a profile. It would be a futher way to promote eBid. Facebook communities have a way of speading word quickly about up and coming websites such as eBid.

View rupert691's Feedback (+2286)
    All-About rupert691
    View rupert691's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you find out how to do it, let me know! - It sounds like a really good idea!

I did have a quick 'dabble' with Facebook a couple of weeks ago, but couldn't get anywhere with it in the time I had (I'm more used to MySpace really ), and not knowing anyone on there didn't help (LOL!)Anyway, I'll l have to have another go when I get a chance!

All the best, Simon.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

'Rupert's Books' for Unusual used books!

Forum Diehard
    View DUFFYS's Feedback (+1658)
    All-About DUFFYS
    View DUFFYS's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanticaTrading View Post
    There are two "add in" applications available for Facebook users that now allow you to include your eBay listings on your Facebook profile.

Since Facebook has such a large audience, it would be cool to see a new application to allow eBid listings (or stores) to be embedded within a profile. It would be a futher way to promote eBid. Facebook communities have a way of speading word quickly about up and coming websites such as eBid.
    I have not gone ito it yet,i suppose one way around it would be to copy and paste,i will have a good look today, and see what one can do,
    this could be another avenue we all can use,to promote eBid.
    regards
    Bernard

View greenmasons's Feedback (+31)
    All-About greenmasons
    View greenmasons's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't think Myspace has any shopping partner at the moment? Why don't we get an official message over to them about joining forces with eBid?
    Photo Art Shop - Greetings Cards, Postcards, Prints and more from my beautiful range of photography taken around the UK.

Forum Diehard
    View DUFFYS's Feedback (+1658)
    All-About DUFFYS
    View DUFFYS's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greenmasons View Post
    I don't think Myspace has any shopping partner at the moment? Why don't we get an official message over to them about joining forces with eBid?
    That is a good idea, i have not use myspace yet,but i do believe it is quite awesome,we all could use that as well,in for a penny in for a $
    regards
    Bernard

Default FAQ page for Facebook applications

Quote Originally Posted by DUFFYS View Post
    I have not gone ito it yet,i suppose one way around it would be to copy and paste,i will have a good look today, and see what one can do,
    this could be another avenue we all can use,to promote eBid.
    regards
    Bernard
    I've found the FAQ page for creating Facebook applications, for any developers out there (or for the eBid development team!).

http://www.facebook.com/help.php?page=12

The eBay apps go through an authentication process first in asking you to log in with your eBay ID and password, before adding in the listings to your profile. The eBay app I have installed also allows you views of sold and unsold items.

I like the idea of Facebook combining all of your web activities in one page from various websites (eg Blogger, auction sites) to show a summation of your life's activities. I guess this is why Facebook is catching on. Does Myspace also have add in applications?

View rupert691's Feedback (+2286)
    All-About rupert691
    View rupert691's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DUFFYS View Post
    That is a good idea, i have not use myspace yet,but i do believe it is quite awesome,we all could use that as well,in for a penny in for a $
    regards
    Bernard
    Hi Bernard,

Let us know if you do set-up a Profile on MySpace, and I'll add you to my (virtual!) 'friends' list! LOL!

There are lots of 'MySpacers' on here, so the bigger the network, the better!

All the best, Simon.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

'Rupert's Books' for Unusual used books!

So what are these 'add on applications' on Facebook, I am very wary of adding Internet applications !!
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Apparently there is risk involved (eg of the virus variety) but none have been reported so far in Facebook. Check this link discussing the question "Are Facebook Applications Safe?". Bob Rankin is a tech writer and computer programmer who is fairly well know guru on the net:-

http://askbobrankin.com/facebook_applications.html

Thread Information