My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PR Story - ABBA

How many people will actually read that article?

View mobymatt's Feedback (+1580)
    All-About mobymatt
    View mobymatt's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by usedvideogames View Post
    How many people will actually read that article?
    With daily readership figures well in excess of 5 million for the two nationals plus the online version of the story and coverage in one of the most widely-read regional titles I would say a good many thousand would have seen/read the article.

It's just the kind of "throwaway" story that people will read over a coffee-break and have a lighthearted debate about....everyone will have their own favourite bands from the past.

It's good to see Ebid get mentioned in a national but it's hardly likely to bring folk rushing to the site. What we need are auction related articles pointing out the value of using Ebid compared to using other auction sites. That would grab peoples attention and gain more members for the site.

But atleast they're doing something, every bit helps.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Mention eBid if you add me on FaceBook or Twitter so I know where you are from.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

PR is about the possible, Yorkie. Everyone is sick of the novelty auction stories. Journalists are acutely aware of the fact that everyone wants free advertising. This got in there. It's clever and an extra few million people have at least heard the name ebid.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    It's clever and an extra few million people have at least heard the name ebid.
    DO NOT MAKE ME LAUGH!!

I think I have wasted time with this site and I am now going to be looking how to cancel my member ship

Maybe I will be back if it ever takes off....but I'm thinking that its too small a venture with too little ambition

PR is about the possible, Yorkie. Everyone is sick of the novelty auction stories. Journalists are acutely aware of the fact that everyone wants free advertising. This got in there. It's clever and an extra few million people have at least heard the name ebid.
    I understand that, but Ebid only got a passing mention with no emphasis on anything that would grab readers attention, and I doubt many readers will even remember the name once they've turned the page never mind when they've got back home.

Now would be the perfect time to get the word out about the value of using Ebid compared with other auction sites. What with the doom and gloom forecast for next year, higher interest rates, higher fuel cost's, higher inflation, tighter credit control's, and rising petrol prices, many people are goining to have to tighten their purse strings and are going to be looking at ways to save money. Ebid could make the most of the situation, especially with the prce hikes on ebay this year, and should get the word out about the low cost of selling here.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Talking

DO NOT MAKE ME LAUGH!!

I think I have wasted time with this site and I am now going to be looking how to cancel my member ship

Maybe I will be back if it ever takes off....but I'm thinking that its too small a venture with too little ambition
    13 days? You call 13 days a fair trial?
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

13 days? You call 13 days a fair trial?
    PMSL, no stamina these young 'un's.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

LMAO!!

You know what ebid remind me of? When I was younger I used to be in sales and they were always coming up with gimicky things to increase sales in that job!

GIMICKY!! reminds me so much of here!

Yes maybe so little stamina, but I dont have the time to waste on a site that gets so few views and I'm sure the majority of new members that join feel the same! I'm sure someone mentioned something about Ebid a few weeks ago that sounded apt!

Something about them getting 5 steps forward and 4 steps back with what they are doing! If it works for you lot then congrats and good luck, but its not for me!

LMAO!!

You know what ebid remind me of? When I was younger I used to be in sales and they were always coming up with gimicky things to increase sales in that job!

GIMICKY!! reminds me so much of here!

Yes maybe so little stamina, but I dont have the time to waste on a site that gets so few views and I'm sure the majority of new members that join feel the same! I'm sure someone mentioned something about Ebid a few weeks ago that sounded apt!

Something about them getting 5 steps forward and 4 steps back with what they are doing! If it works for you lot then congrats and good luck, but its not for me!
    I gotta agree with you about the gimicks, I don't like too many either.

IMHO it's far better to keep things simple and not to complicate things with gimicks. Folk just want to come and list their items in as little time and with as little effort as possible. Gimicks scream amateur or rip off to me.

I'm not sure what you mean about time to waste though?, just list your items an then forget about them untill you get a sale. It's not costing you anythng and once you've listed them you don't have to do anything else so where's your problem ?

There's nothing stopping you using several auction sites, you don't have to use one at a time.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Thread Information