Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Martin Lewis!

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Martin Lewis!

Massive website and this is ALL he has to say about Ebid.

Other Auction Sites

While eBay is massively dominant, both qxl* and ebid are sizeable auctions. Their advantage is they charge sellers less than eBay, which means some prefer it. So if you're searching for something specific, it's worth adding these to your search.

For a money saving Expert I Think he's rubbish as any seller can save a fortune by selling on here and avoiding Ebay like the plague!

By the way I was listening to Him on the Jeremy Vine show (1pm Friday) (you can listen again on line up to 7 days time) And I tried and tried to Phone to give Ebid a plug! Sorry guys Could not get through!

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

On the plus side this demonstrates Martin has a personal awareness of ebid ( we do have an ebid tips thread on his boards- but he can't possibly read all the posts himself!) and Martin has mentioned ebid as an alternative on a highly rated Radio show. Thanks Martin. If i get time later i'll post a thankyou on the ebid thread on his site.

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HannaHolly View Post
    On the plus side this demonstrates Martin has a personal awareness of ebid ( we do have an ebid tips thread on his boards- but he can't possibly read all the posts himself!) and Martin has mentioned ebid as an alternative on a highly rated Radio show. Thanks Martin. If i get time later i'll post a thankyou on the ebid thread on his site.
    Ermm Ebid did not get a mention I looked his site up!

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

Forum Newbie
    View ktorient's Feedback (+126)
    All-About ktorient
    View ktorient's Listings
    Forum Posts

Even if it was not mentioned on the radio, the fact that eBid si mentioned on his website, it is a bit more free advertising that can only help us all. We just need a strategy between us that can eBid mentioned on his weekly email as I am sure that will generate plenty of additional hits and hopefully members / buyers.

Anyone got any suggestions? My only thought at the moment is to make sure the next time there is a discount on the membership fees, we make sure it is mentioned on the forums and hopefully makes his email.
    Please have a look at my auctions:

DVD and CD's

Books

Quote Originally Posted by ktorient View Post
    My only thought at the moment is to make sure the next time there is a discount on the membership fees, we make sure it is mentioned on the forums and hopefully makes his email.
    The last discount offer was mentioned on their forum, slagged off by their members and the thread locked by their Moderator. Mentioning eBid on their site is seen in much the same way as taking pork to a Jewish wedding.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    The last discount offer was mentioned on their forum, slagged off by their members and the thread locked by their Moderator. Mentioning eBid on their site is seen in much the same way as taking pork to a Jewish wedding.
    MSE is a consumer site rather than a site for promoting offers. I haven't visited the site for a few weeks ( busy here!) but was glad to see the EBID help thread isn't the one which got locked. I haven't checked which thread it is yet- but it sounds like a 'promotional' thread rather than a 'help' thread. It's understandable that MSE cannot allow promotions- or there would be a free for all riot!.. I would make a plea to ebidders NOT to post on MSE if their intention is to give ebid a plug, It will be counter productive and make us look desparate!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...highlight=ebid

Rednosey. If ebid didn't get a mention why does your quote from Martin Lewis show what appears to be a clear mention? "While eBay is massively dominant, both qxl* and ebid are sizeable auctions. Their advantage is they charge sellers less than eBay, which means some prefer it. So if you're searching for something specific, it's worth adding these to your search"

Quote Originally Posted by HannaHolly View Post
    MSE is a consumer site rather than a site for promoting offers. I haven't visited the site for a few weeks ( busy here!) but was glad to see the EBID help thread isn't the one which got locked. I haven't checked which thread it is yet- but it sounds like a 'promotional' thread rather than a 'help' thread. It's understandable that MSE cannot allow promotions- or there would be a free for all riot!.. I would make a plea to ebidders NOT to post on MSE if their intention is to give ebid a plug, It will be counter productive and make us look desparate!
    Yet they are quite happy to allow people to mention the reduced fee days that eBay have.

As I understand it, they are supposed to allow money saving tips. Surely alerting people to the possibility of saving money on their eBid sign up is a legitimate tip rather than an advert.

Forum Lurker
    View artlandish's Feedback (+19)
    All-About artlandish
    View artlandish's Listings
    Forum Posts

For anyone who's interested, read this thread from start to end -
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread....+Saving+Expert

It's about 5 to 6 months old, but if anyone is willing to spend some time reading the entire thread, you will see what the general attitude is towards eBid and how having a a help thread for eBid on the forums was hard-won, but a big step forward.

Thread Information