My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Pound No Reserve Promotion between now and Christmas

Have posted a group bulletin about the 1NR promotions on the MySpace eBid Group board. Have also placed info about the promotion on Squidoo.

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Brilliant! :)

Quote Originally Posted by *artsbanquet* View Post
    Have posted a group bulletin about the 1NR promotions on the MySpace eBid Group board. Have also placed info about the promotion on Squidoo.
    That's great news! I've posted a few bulletins and sent out a few emails about it, too. Next stop, MySpace.

OOPS! Forgot I had already done the bulletin in MySpace LOL
    Last edited by nykmedia; 12th November 2007 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Update
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Here I've counted up the number of Auctions Everyone has on the 1NR Promotion.

Rednosty 32
    Bluefincircle 27
    Toy Crazy 26
    CMJewels925 21
    Greenmasons 14
    Paulas500 10
    Julala 7
    Hannaholly 4
    Artsbanquet 3
    Bizzarre Bargains, NYKMedia, Wizbooks, KTOrient 1 Each

SHAME ON YOU NYKMEDIA!

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Don't know what you're counting- but I have way more than 4 1NR auctions!

There's 212 listings under the 1NR banner. You're count only adds up to 144!!

214 Auctions Found For 1nr

That's what I got just now - why are we counting btw?

If you get any new people bidding, let us know - I've got 22 auctions with bids, but none of them are new bidders (and most of them from the forums!)

Not enough sellers are taking part yet. Even just one item from each eBid seller would be good. The word is not getting out enough yet. I think it'll take a bit of time for the promotion to gain momentum.

View mobymatt's Feedback (+1580)
    All-About mobymatt
    View mobymatt's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ToyCrazyUK View Post
    If you get any new people bidding, let us know - I've got 22 auctions with bids, but none of them are new bidders (and most of them from the forums!)
    I'd be interested in this too.

There's no point in starting promotions unless it brings in new buyers. I have been tempted to place bids on some items but I won't because I know I'd win them at a loss to the seller and I don't want to do that.

From experience there are some traders who relish "sales drives" like this, buy all the stock and then sell it on elsewhere for a fat profit.

Personally I'm happier knowing I'm selling a good choice of items at a competitive price.

I'm sorry but this just seems like a bit of a gimmick that's going to get you nowhere fast

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default quick query

Quote Originally Posted by hypnotoad View Post
    From experience there are some traders who relish "sales drives" like this, buy all the stock and then sell it on elsewhere for a fat profit.
    Can you point them my direction, please? and I relish sales drives, it's where you get bargains. But I always let all my friends know about them first so they have the same chance of winning as everyone else. If they choose to stay beyond the realms of my understanding by not bidding then fine, the problem lies with the entire concept of eBid as a whole and why people do or don't shop here. I can't believe the bargains I've had here and defy anyone to say it was cheap tat, cheap rip offs or dodgey stock. It's all been great stuff sadly overlooked by people who could be saving themselves a fortune this Christmas In fact, thank you for that little piece of inspiration, it has just prompted another madcap loco-promo Cheers toadie.
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

Although I don't want to make a loss on the stuff I've listed, I ave bought too much stuff to sell and have decided that it's best to sell it at a loss to clear some space, than leave it there until someone buys it. Everything is new, but I just keep seeing more stuff I want to stock so I need to clear some of it. At least this way, if it doesn't sell, it doesn't cost me anything, unlike other auction houses.

Once I listed some of my stuff the gambler in me started taking over, so I'm going to list much more over the next few weeks. I think auctions are much more excitng than BINS and I hope at some stage we can kick-start the auctions here so it is not so risky for sellers to list low start prices and buyers know they can look here for bargains.

On the other side, there has been quite a few times when Ihave listed BIN only and also aucion format and the auction has finished higher than the BIN, even though the BIN is still running. There seems to be something that the buyer does not want to lose, so will bid more than they originally intended to pay - we need to see more of that here - more BIDDING WARS!

Thread Information