eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Pound No Reserve Promotion between now and Christmas

oh, and I forgot, 1 more rule

#40 You had me going there for a mo, thanks

164 auctions now - have you had many bids yet? 11 of my items have bids.

I have set up a couple of slideshows to put on other sites. Anyone else got a website they can put some links and pictures on? I know nyk has - www.ebd1.co.uk

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ToyCrazyUK View Post
    Hopefully we'll have a great amount of listings by Monday and we can promote it!

.......................oh, and I forgot, 1 more rule - you must use eBid parcel tape to wrap the parcels - if we're doing the 1NR to promote eBid we might as well go for it!

only joking, but the more 'eBid' parcels that are seen about, the more the nme sticks!
    Can the place you get the parcel tape from do sellotape as well?

I usually post in small envelopes and there's just not room for parcel tape. (I do put eBid stickers on, though.)

Quote Originally Posted by HannaHolly View Post
    Just re read this thread. Technically for me ( and probably most ebid book sellers) "The other side" is Amazon market place not ebay - Amazon market place have fixed postage charges - plus no facility for combining postage on multiple orders . So all my books on ebid are great bargains

I can certainly agree with that! Any chance of getting a few more hours in the day so I can get time to read some?

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hopefully we'll have a great amount of listings by Monday and we can promote it!

.......................oh, and I forgot, 1 more rule - you must use eBid parcel tape to wrap the parcels - if we're doing the 1NR to promote eBid we might as well go for it!

only joking, but the more 'eBid' parcels that are seen about, the more the nme sticks!
    Oh And Just One More One More Rule You must include a Rednosty Pen with every Order

Gee thatnks for the No bin unless £5 rule NOW I've got to go and change everything!

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ermm I have just spent 15 mins altering all my BIN prices to find out that THEY are not altering! Nothing I can do!

and collectables

Quote Originally Posted by Rednosty View Post
    Ermm I have just spent 15 mins altering all my BIN prices to find out that THEY are not altering! Nothing I can do!
    That happened to me once when changing categories on my listings! Don't worry too much - just add any new ones without BIN.

All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

That happened to me once when changing categories on my listings! Don't worry too much - just add any new ones without BIN.
    But what about the other rule change! That you must add a rednosty pen into every package sent

By the way Whilst I'm in favour or Trying anything to boost sales All I think is going to happen is that we all buy of each other and If anyone new happens to buy then they get a real bargain and that will be that They wont buy again unless there are more 99p bargains.

Its something to do with the human Pyshic (If I could spell that!) Like at a boot fair you get people who will walk around for the Bargains at 5-20p worth £10-15 and you get people walk around prepared to pay the proper price!
    At the end of the day Its called life. I dont think us selling things at 99p is going to change anything but One will try in the hope it does! and proves me wrong.

and collectables

You've got to put £0.00 in the BIN box. It won't show up as £0.00. It just won't show.

But what about the other rule change! That you must add a rednosty pen into every package sent

By the way Whilst I'm in favour or Trying anything to boost sales All I think is going to happen is that we all buy of each other and If anyone new happens to buy then they get a real bargain and that will be that They wont buy again unless there are more 99p bargains.

Its something to do with the human Pyshic (If I could spell that!) Like at a boot fair you get people who will walk around for the Bargains at 5-20p worth £10-15 and you get people walk around prepared to pay the proper price!
    At the end of the day Its called life. I dont think us selling things at 99p is going to change anything but One will try in the hope it does! and proves me wrong.
    I think it will only work if more sellers take part in the promotion and if we all do our bit to publicize the promotion. Well, can't hurt anyway.

Would be nice if G&M could send out a note to all peeps on the mailing list about the promotion or a mention of it in the next newsletter - encouraging sellers to take part and buyers to check the auctions out.

That is a risk, but it's worth a try. I think a lot of people that look here and want to bid on things may be put off by having most things as BIN, or the start price effectively the BIN. If we can highlight the auctions with the 1NR, and promote as much as possible, we might get more people coming.

If we get the RSS thingy it will make it much easier to promote our listings as we won't have to keen manually amending the links every time something sells. It's a shame there are not more of us willing to take a risk with a few loss leaders. It would also be good to have a link on the home page.

Where are your pens?? I'll buy a few.

Thread Information