Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Pound No Reserve Promotion between now and Christmas

Hi Toys
    If the minimum BIN price is £5.00 or above, a lot of people (including me) will have to pull what they have already put up. Most of my items are priced at less the £5 anyway to make them more attractive to buyers.
    Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

Hi

I didn't mean not to list them at all, but just to not put a BIN on the auction. They don't have to be worth at least £5, but just look a bargain at £1 and rouse people's interest.

What does everyone think about the BIN on the 1NR?

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wizbooks View Post
    Hi Toys
    If the minimum BIN price is £5.00 or above, a lot of people (including me) will have to pull what they have already put up. Most of my items are priced at less the £5 anyway to make them more attractive to buyers.
    Hey wiz books! Welcome! I thank ye for bidding on some of my auctions! (You will get as Much discount on the postage as I dare!)

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

MM we got other people Who are Bluefincircle and Paula500?

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

Quote Originally Posted by ToyCrazyUK View Post
    To summarise from the discussions that we've had - would these conditions be suitable?

• Item must be 'attractive' to Christmas bargain hunters and worth more than £1 - £1 must be seen to be an absolute bargain.
    • Start price of £1 (99p allowed) and no reserve (can do $1 1 Euro etc) with 1NR in title
    • BIN allowed only if £5.00 or above
    • No auto repost allowed - we want people to keep coming back to see the new stuff, not just reposts of what didn't sell - you can repost, but think before you do about why it didn't sell the first time.
    • Try and time the auction ends so they finish on different days - we want to get a mix of different types of items from different sellers on each page
    • All items to finish in time for Christmas posting
    Can't think of anything else for now - will add to it if anyone comes up with anything else.

If this promotion is a success we will hopefully be able to carry it on, but we've got to make the listings exciting so casual browsers think its worth returning.
    That's great. I agree with the no BIN on items below £5.00. We can still let the auction start at £1.00 and then let the item find its own price. Doesn't mean that the value of the item has to be more than £5.00, just that there shouldn't be any BIN stated. It sort of defeats the object of the promotion to start the bid at £1 and then put a BIN on the same auction for £1.25.

I'm not quite sure about the 99p start because I think it looks like an error. If the auction title states £1NR, then the auction should be exactly that - otherwise it just looks like the seller forgot to change the price.

Quote Originally Posted by *artsbanquet* View Post
    I'm not quite sure about the 99p start because I think it looks like an error. If the auction title states £1NR, then the auction should be exactly that - otherwise it just looks like the seller forgot to change the price.
    We'll make it £1 only - if it's already got a bid, leave it there, but any new auctions to list must be £1.

I accidentally listed one of my 60 minute auctions with the 1NR, but I think it looks good featured at the top of the 1NR. If I list anything else worth £20 or more, I might list it featured, so there is a lot of good stuff at the top.

That sounds like a good cut-off - the Saturday before the last week before Christmas!

All auctions to end by 15th December
    £1 No reserve
    BIN only shown if £5 or over
    No auto repost
    space out finish tmes so there is a mix of people's stuff
    make sure the item is exciting to keen 'em coming back!

Let's get it looking good over the weekend, so it's good enough to promote by Monday!

Um, it seems to be working. No more rule changes please unless they come with offers of reviving cordials. Good luck everyone.

Talking

Hopefully we'll have a great amount of listings by Monday and we can promote it!

.......................oh, and I forgot, 1 more rule - you must use eBid parcel tape to wrap the parcels - if we're doing the 1NR to promote eBid we might as well go for it!

only joking, but the more 'eBid' parcels that are seen about, the more the nme sticks!

Thread Information