eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Protection & Security -- How much is too much

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    A) I don't think restricting their account would be humiliating, just a necessary precaution until the address was sorted. It's no different to when your credit/debit card isn't accepted because of the wrong details, in my case on some cards I'm Miss C, others Chris, other's Christine, if I put in the wrong one my card is rejected. At least a restricted account wouldn't stop them buying completely.

If eBid just let errors in addresses &/or phone numbers go through, then there would be nothing to stop the idiots who sign up with false details, & bid on lots of items they have no intention of buying. I know lots of people lie about their details when they sign up to feebay, but I don't think allowing it is the way to go here.

B) In the UK if you & the buyer had the same Zip Code you would be very close neighbours or live in the same house.

A) I don't mean to let address problems go unattended. And I didn't mean to infer than it would humiliating to just have your account put on restriction, If there was any humilation it would be why and how it was handled.

I will agree something like --- Our records are not quite clear, could you please send us your XXXXX information or additional information. Your account will be restricted to xxx bids (purchases or whatever) until the information has been received.

You are right on the idiots who sign up with false details and they should not just be turned loose --- I don't know where to draw the line on having criteria to get rid of bidders. I do feel it is going to be harder to get a lot of the good buyers if the criteria is to tight because the buyers have a pretty much no hassle place to do their shopping on feebay. I certainly don't always agree with feebays policys but the buyers I think pretty much do.

B) In the US it means you live in the same town (smaller towns and their surrounding area have 1 ZIP code but larger cities have more depending on how large they are) or section of a large city and you may or may not have even heard of each other. It can be very humiliating to be accused of wrong doing just because you have the same ZIP code.

I could be amazing how much the customs of our different countries can end up making in what is meant or done or said. That may be all the more reason to be sure there really is a problem before pulling the trigger. I do sometimes look up things in the dictionary to see what meanings are for that side of the pond for things that has been said in the forums.

Thank you for adding to this and helping discuss it and you are appreciated.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Having been victim of a strikethrough for listing an item in the wrong section i can say I DID find it humiliating and i felt totally undervalued by EBID at the time.
    By all means restrict a new member from selling until whatever minor issue is solved- but don't do it by suspending their account.
    Peggy I hope you got a big apology from G & M for the zip code issue.

The ofice I work in (I am a member of the senior management team) has just won a Euopean centre of the year award for customer service. In my view Good customer sevice and Good communications are the backbone of a succesful business. G & M 'sometimes' provide good customer service however there is a lot of room for improvement.
    G & M. How about issuing a customer satisfaction survey ( I'll help you draft the questions if you like!). Identify the main concerns and take steps to improve. Run a further survey in 6 months to see how you've improved.

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HannaHolly View Post
    Peggy I hope you got a big apology from G & M for the zip code issue.
    Thank you Val, They are great people and they did apologize saying it should not have happened.

My concern is that it still seems so easy to be suspended without finding out the real situation. I really feel that US feebay users are not interested in having to fight to get to bid though a few still don't mind fighting for what they want while doing the bidding.

Gary and Mark both care and I just want them to understand.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

It's worth bumping this again. it's been refered to elsewhere on the forums and still causes frustration for some of us.

Thread Information