Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Promoting eBid On The Darkside Would You Try It??

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep Sign Me Up Sounds Like It Could Work & Im Up For It

1 100.00%
  • This Would Be A Risk Im Willing To Take For The Good Of eBid

1 100.00%
  • If You Lead We Will Follow (im up for it if you are)

0 0%
  • Forget It You Have No Chance Of Pulling This Of Sorry!

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Geeting The Word Out To The Enemy Users The Right Way

Lightbulb Geeting The Word Out To The Enemy Users The Right Way

Hi All! One of the good things about eBid is we all have plenty of time to make post's for the forum BUT & as i always say there is always a BUT!! it does not bring in the pennys nor does it promote eBid which in order to bring in the pennys is what will all need to do & not just Gazza & Mark so here i am gonna run a poll for my latest air brand idea that may just work so here goes!

If eBid can supplie some FREE merchandise (i know you normally need buddy points but this would be for the greater good) such as some cups, T-shirts, Pens Etc

Perhaps anyone (including one of my good buddys not currently on eBid) could list the items for sale in penny auctions on the darkside this would do a few things since we will be offering products it does not breach any rules providing it is listed correctly & carefully (if it is a problem what's 1 warning between auction sites!!) it can also trigger some interest with bidders or buyers just interested as to who or what is eBid & they may make there own searchs once they notice how many buddie points are required for the item listed they may well sign up to eBid so they can earn the item for FREE but not only that it would also meen that some google search results may also pull up eBid as an item listed on the darkside & this could be valuble extra Advertising in google search results

perhaps if any eBid users who do own accounts on the darkside are interested in trying this at there own risk & expence (i.e. the cost of penny auctions & final value fees should an item sell!)
    they could use the poll provided & enter a message letting us know who they are then if Gazza & Mark think it could work they will be able to select from the list there guinnie pigs for this experament!!

What do you Think?? Are You Up For This??

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sorry,
    but I wonder how many fleebay spies have just read that!
    & God help anyone who has the same username...who dares to reply.

Just my thoughts

xx

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

If You Think This Should Be An Annonamus thread just post that somewere here & i will see what i can do but as to how many spies have seen this unless you are a darkside spi none coz only me & you have read it so far!

Kind Regards
    todsbargin143
    http://uk.four.ebid.net/perl/normal....=register-main

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

I honestly don't have any views one way or another.
    An i'm not a dark side spy lol
    Am just urging caution, that's all

xx

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Phew, That could of been a disaster however you can sell allsorts on the darkside & unless someone reports the item then it stays regardless & since the aim is to increase awarness unless we realy upset someone with bad content there should be no reason for being reported as anyone who stumbles across the listing will either go of to inverstigate eBid & find out what a great site it is & forget to go back or may place a bid & receive an item with all the right advertising on to read everytime they have a cuppa or wright a cheque etc so why we can't list these items there without getting in trouble is beond me!
    But Hey thank you for reading it & for your comments, This is not for everyone & it's nice to hear from other eBid users regardless
    Kind Regards
    todsbargin143

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Question about your poll

Quote Originally Posted by todsbargin143 View Post
    Hi All! One of the good things about eBid is we all have plenty of time to make post's for the forum BUT & as i always say there is always a BUT!! it does not bring in the pennys nor does it promote eBid which in order to bring in the pennys is what will all need to do & not just Gazza & Mark so here i am gonna run a poll for my latest air brand idea that may just work so here goes!
    Glad you think we all have plenty time for gossiping in the forums but, aside from that, can you clarify your meaning of 'The Enemy Users' please? For instance, would I be classed as an 'enemy user' because I earn part of my living from sites other than eBid?
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

Red face

Hiya nykmedia,
    Firstly let us address the issue of what 'enemy user' should meen
    In our opinion the enemy would be a site that will have you work all the hours god sends & then take a huge percent of you takings to cover all the different fees involved, Please note that we are also very big on other auctions site & spend a large amount of time on them but come the end of the month our fees normally amount to around £300+
    We do not see other users as the enemy so no you do not full into this catagory but spear a thought for those that do use other auctions site much like us & you the question becomes are they awear the eBid exists? because if we could all increase the traccic to this site then we should all see an increase in the amount of money we earn & the amount that we will be able to keep etc..
    The main reason for using words such as 'enemy' is not ment to offend but more so to avoid any more publicity as i have noticed that when doing google searchs eBids forum often pops up & if you use the name of your other site whilst it may help your sales there it may affect your sales here!
    with regards to the gossiping i must say this is currently the only auction site for which we use the forum & it is very nice to get replys from other users but sometime in order to achive this we must borderline on contreversy

I think that covers everything but just incase
    No offence was intended to any users just an idea of who to promote eBid a little more

Kind Regards
    Bruce & Tracey

Quote Originally Posted by todsbargin143 View Post
    The main reason for using words such as 'enemy' is not ment to offend but more so to avoid any more publicity as i have noticed that when doing google searchs eBids forum often pops up & if you use the name of your other site whilst it may help your sales there it may affect your sales here!
    That's why many of us use feebay, greedbay or the like when we post here, to avoid promoting them.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View stitchysyl's Feedback (+2137)
    All-About stitchysyl
    View stitchysyl's Listings
    Forum Posts

88 views and only one person (OP) voted (twice).

I'm obviously not the only one who has reservations about this....and to be honest totally bored with these ' infiltrate the dark side' schemes. They have been tried in the past and in my opinion have little impact on sales here.

Exclamation Closed Thread

Hi All As this is a little touchy ground we have closed this thread

Kind Regards
    Bruce & Tracey

Thread Information