Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: eBid Marketing Challenge!!

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Barrattess View Post
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

....yes, sounds like a good idea....but the need would be for them to advertise Ebid...as opposed to just having Ebid let them use their site free....not sure how that would come about.......but interesting avenue for sure...

...a lot better than my ideas anyway ...the best i can come up with is riding naked thru Lincoln with a big 'Ebid' notice over my head....but then what would we do with the other £1999?.....Hmmm...
    pmsl

Hospices don't need to advertise, they just fax press releases direct to the local press. & if it's interesting enough, they then pass it to the nationals!

IE:
    EBID donates to St. Cuthberts!

xx

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

View Barrattess's Feedback (+2717)
    All-About Barrattess
    View Barrattess's Listings
    Forum Posts

.....so when you say hospices....this could also include Oxfam, St Barnebus and all other Charity organisations .....this is a really good idea!

....does anybody else have any thoughts on this?

Have a click...You know you want to...

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Barrattess View Post
    .....so when you say hospices....this could also include Oxfam, St Barnebus and all other Charity organisations .....this is a really good idea!

....does anybody else have any thoughts on this?
    Personally I would restrict it just to hospices, because they have an even, demographic spread throughout the UK.

Also, could the infrastructure of the site cope with anything more?

xx

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Quote Originally Posted by kedo View Post
    I'd like to see eBid take over the parcel tape thing from ToyCrazy. If the tape could be made available at much closer to the cost of plain tape (ie. if it's ordered in bulk or subsidised) there would be a much higher take up rate from sellers.
    I was just thinking about posting that! It is cheaper the more you buy and there was also an initial set up fee of £35 for the first batch, so the 2nd lot would be cheaper anyway. I haven't got that much room in my house what with all the things that I would like to stock and sell over Christmas, so it would be useful for me if eBid would buy the rest off me for the merchandiser to sell and distribute.

I would like to see all people registering for sell+ being sent a goody bag of eBid merchandise on sign up - 1 of each of the promotional items.

View Barrattess's Feedback (+2717)
    All-About Barrattess
    View Barrattess's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyTheVeryBest View Post
    Personally I would restrict it just to hospices, because they have an even, demographic spread throughout the UK.

Also, could the infrastructure of the site cope with anything more?

xx
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.........I'll get me horse ready then....is it going to be cold tomorrow?

Have a click...You know you want to...

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Some well placed sponsorship could be a great way to generate publicity and awareness. This could be anything from sponsoring a current affairs segment on a radio show, To 'adopting' a kennel at an animal shelter! and a million things in between. there are thousands of possibilities on the following website.

http://www.uksponsorship.com/

It's something that has been posted on the forums before, but we need better banner advetising/affiliate schemes. A search box to put on your website, or one of those slideshow reels showing some of your listings would be good. Someone also mentioned an RSS feed - not sure what it is, but it sounded good! Perhaps some of the money could be given to an eBidder who is able to set this up (jimbo springs to mind )

Also there's a lot of perfiliate schemes such as www.buy.at aimed at good causes raising money. Could offer some sort of sign up commission through these.

Talking of the hospice charity auction promotions, good quality posters/flyers promoting eBid for charity auctions would be good. We could go into the local hospice charity shops and ask if they will display a poster.

Thumbs up

I won the YDC auction from NYKmedia for website hosting etc. I'm getting domain www.chauctions.co.uk (gettit? - all the more obvious names were already taken) so I can set up a special page promoting all of our charity auctions. I hope to have hyperlinks to the auctions for each charity shown on eBid and put a little write-up about each charity. Once I've got it all up and running, I'll post a thread to find out all the charities we have listings/stores for.

Me again!

Where I work, we have a monthly Email newsletter, so for next month I'm going to suggest that we have a 'charity auction' drive - Christmas related, maybe for a charity such as the children's society. There's about 100 in our office, but the whole company has about 50,000 staff, so if this is popular with our office, they may think it is a good idea to do a company-wide charity auction drive at a later stage. For the listings you could use codes, like we have used for our bingo bash - TCBB, so all the staff can easily find all the relevant listings.

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Online advertising is fantastic, if you can get it seen. How much is a front page ad on an ISP's main page? Like, AOL... right next to the significant other? LOL

Here's what we did with a minimum advertising budget: we co-sponsored a televised horse race :-D It was the Now You Know about.....(co-sponsor name omitted) Handicap Hurdle. How about a race at the Aintree meeting on Grand National day? There'll be plenty of eyes on that!
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

Thread Information