eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021

Thread: eBid Marketing Challenge!!

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hopefully both threads are useful greenmasons. if people are still working on an idea, looking for feedback etc.. they would be better posting on your 'ideas' thread.

keep the proposals thread for when the idea is finalised

edited to put the links back.. see earlier below
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HannaHolly
    I think we need to start a new thread here - a thread specifically for ideas which we want to vote on. Gazzas post 178 refers. If no one objects i'll start up a thread later this evening ( unless Gothincia wants to start the thread?)

As there were no objections i've started a Proposals thread : for your proposals and costings.

http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?p=570178#post570178

I have requested a 'stickie' from ebid support and have asked them what the timescale is for submitting our final plan. I will add a poll to the thread later so we can all vote.

If you are still working on ideas Greenmasons has started an ideas thread http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=98226

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Not having the time to go through all the links, I'm reposting the following here in the hope it doesn't end up in the wrong place.

I believe that first impressions count most because they last longest. They are the most important and, no matter how much money, time and effort goes into advertising something, it is money down the drain if the new potential customers arrive, look, possibly sign up because it's free and then leave.

Proposal 1: Withdraw £2,000 worth of PPC / adwords
    Cost: Zero (saving £2,000)

Proposal 2: Regular updates to the eBid landing pages to make them more welcoming, attention grabbing and interesting. (It would also help with the page rank as Google changed their rules/algorithms again and really upset a lot of people.) Visitors (especially buyers) need to stick to the site like glue so they have time to absorb what is available and get involved otherwise it's, 'leave and forget it' time.
    Cost: Zero

Proposal 3: A press release section for eBid's own press releases rather than just sporadic news.

Proposal 4: Research/Statistical analysis to establish total numbers of active memberships compared to memberships that never progress as far as buying or selling. How many are actually receiving the newsletter? (I see someone is already looking into the e-newsletter distribution, I'm assuming they are from eBid!)

Proposal 5: Development of the newsletter plus inclusion of the monthly copies on site for all visitors to read online or download. (Online reading is better, I think, as downloads can be a pain.)

Proposal 6: Research and development of the current business to ensure new site visitors are always presented with easy to use, interesting pages with every opportunity to stick around long enough to buy. Features, highlights, facts, facts and more facts.

Proposal 7: Prepare & distribute regular official press releases through the appropriate media channels

Proposal 8: Withdraw all paid advertising to compare overall revenue changes. I think the quality of the leads needs to be analysed more than the quantity, for now.

Proposal 9: Merchandise that is already available should be made more readily available ie: make it available as 'buy it now' with a cash value that can absorb a quantity discount for those interested.

Proposal 10: A "seller' tools" section for all the codes, templates, banners, affiliate info, bulk lister, forthcoming RSS etc, etc, etc, all in the one place

Zero cost is assuming that there is someone who can implement all of the above. If there isn't anyone, then use some of the £2000 saved from the adwords to contract out the work. Either way, it's a pretty cheap way of finding out if current adwords campaigns are working - ie covering their own costs and generating a profit.

Then, I would look towards

Proposal 11: improving the affiliate programme
    Cost: Dependent on what the above figures revealed as the actual cost per active, cash-generating sign-up.

The above are not in any special order, nor is it an exhaustive list of everything, nor is it spending an advertising budget - I just don't like advertising budgets unless it's a company earning so much money that there's brand awareness and/or tax incentives involved. If it's purely to get the name out there and gather free non-profit-generating sign ups then any advertising that costs money could have a long-term impact on the site and existing users when that cash has to be recouped somewhere along the line.

Apologies if this is in the wrong place, I can move it or delete again if needs be.
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Is this thread still running?
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

Forum Newbie
    View MumTo1's Feedback (+36)
    All-About MumTo1
    View MumTo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Is there any news of the graphical bulk lister?

Casey

Forum Newbie
    View Imconrad's Feedback (+2)
    All-About Imconrad
    View Imconrad's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Attacting Clients

I have just started to put serious effort into eBid and have placed a few auctions up for grabs at CHEAP prices.
    I have placed an eBay link on my eBid auctions to show my ebay Feedback, which is 100%
    I have put an eBid link on my eBay auctions to bring people to my similar auctions on this site. I've just started and don't know how eBay will react. So lets see what happens, I'll let you know for sure.
    On-line as well as Cable TV advertizing is vital .
    My efforts pale compared to NYKMEDIA advice Conrad

Thread Information