Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: eBid Marketing Challenge!!

Default eBid Marketing Challenge!!

In light of Gazza's post today, a thread for all those who have ideas's on how ebid should be marketed.

On the same note and in response to the many criticisms we receive about our lack of marketing, we'll be toning down our online advertising for a month and the £2000 we save we are offering this for our users to spend for marketing eBid. It'll be interesting to see if we can get a better return on this money than Google and Yahoo can give us. How it is spent is up to the eBidders who take up the challenge

Maybe it should be called
    the eBid put your Mouth where the Money is Challenge.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Hi, This I think is my 1st post although been a member for 3 years. I took up ebids account seller + offer and i'm transferring many of my ebay listing on to ebid as I'm so fed up with them and their attitude to sellers. However I still need to sell on that site to keep my sales income. I have been watching ebid make some good improvements over the years, but it does need to start getting buyers on this site.

Ebid in order to get more customers needs to start getting ebay buyers over here which is not rocket science. Many of them have not heard of ebid.
    I send around 300 ebay small packets each month. Would it be an idea to produce stickers for ebay sellers to put ebids logo and address on to our envelopes or even produce a simple ink stamp?

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View stitchysyl's Feedback (+2137)
    All-About stitchysyl
    View stitchysyl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dbharding View Post
    Hi, This I think is my 1st post although been a member for 3 years. I took up ebids account seller + offer and i'm transferring many of my ebay listing on to ebid as I'm so fed up with them and their attitude to sellers. However I still need to sell on that site to keep my sales income. I have been watching ebid make some good improvements over the years, but it does need to start getting buyers on this site.

Ebid in order to get more customers needs to start getting ebay buyers over here which is not rocket science. Many of them have not heard of ebid.
    I send around 300 ebay small packets each month. Would it be an idea to produce stickers for ebay sellers to put ebids logo and address on to our envelopes or even produce a simple ink stamp?
    I have already bought some Ebid tape and premotional pens from NYK...and I think someone else is selling Ebid stickers/postage labels. I am sure someone will come along soon with the links....

Hi, I brought some ebid parcel tape from ToyCrazyUK. Also Gothicina has produced some free ebid flyers.
    Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dbharding View Post

You can also download stickers to print off yourself HERE

Anyway, that's all off topic.

I'd spend some of the money employing some-one to write 'human interest' articles about eBid to submit to the news agencies. The YDC for Maureen could have got eBid some really good advertising for very little outlay.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

Quote Originally Posted by cmjewels925 View Post
    I'd spend some of the money employing some-one to write 'human interest' articles about eBid to submit to the news agencies. The YDC for Maureen could have got eBid some really good advertising for very little outlay.
    I think a good start with this would be to do a big push for Children in Need charity auctions. This would get more sellers and buyers and, as you say, it wouldn't cost much.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'd like to see eBid take over the parcel tape thing from ToyCrazy. If the tape could be made available at much closer to the cost of plain tape (ie. if it's ordered in bulk or subsidised) there would be a much higher take up rate from sellers.

For most sellers, listing on both eBid and feebay is the only sustainable sales strategy. That means that there are probably hundreds, and maybe thousands of parcels a week being sent out to feebay customers by eBid sellers. It seems like a really worthwhile avenue to exploit to me. It's something we all have to buy and use but it could also be very cost-effective for eBid.

The tape should be tied in with a carefully thought out message/flyer which can be included inside parcels. The message/flyer needs to be available somewhere central so that we can all print it out and send it. I think the cummulative effect would be far greater than it is in the current situation where we all make our own individual efforts.

[that reminds me ToyCrazy I think I owe you for some tape]
    Last edited by kedo; 11th October 2007 at 12:19 PM.

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Trouble is, our efforts for Children in Need would probably get swamped by the thousands of other initiatives & not gain any publicity.

Need something unique...national...& preferably FREE!

ALL hospices have very well oiled publicity machines.

ALL hospices market their own merchandise & donated items.

How much would it cost (in real hard cash) for ebid to offer every hospice in the UK a free (seller+) membership for say 2 weeks?
    They all have merchant service agreements & accept credit/debit cards. So accepting all manner of payment wouldn't matter.

They also ALL have volunteers (like me) for packing & posting etc.

In other words, the machinery is already there....just give them another platform to use it.

The potential publicity could be HUGE....for very little cost.

Just my thoughts

xx

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

View Barrattess's Feedback (+2717)
    All-About Barrattess
    View Barrattess's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyTheVeryBest View Post
    Trouble is, our efforts for Children in Need would probably get swamped by the thousands of other initiatives & not gain any publicity.

Need something unique...national...& preferably FREE!

ALL hospices have very well oiled publicity machines.

ALL hospices market their own merchandise & donated items.

How much would it cost (in real hard cash) for ebid to offer every hospice in the UK a free (seller+) membership for say 2 weeks?
    They all have merchant service agreements & accept credit/debit cards. So accepting all manner of payment wouldn't matter.

They also ALL have volunteers (like me) for packing & posting etc.

In other words, the machinery is already there....just give them another platform to use it.

The potential publicity could be HUGE....for very little cost.

Just my thoughts

xx
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

....yes, sounds like a good idea....but the need would be for them to advertise Ebid...as opposed to just having Ebid let them use their site free....not sure how that would come about.......but interesting avenue for sure...

...a lot better than my ideas anyway ...the best i can come up with is riding naked thru Lincoln with a big 'Ebid' notice over my head....but then what would we do with the other £1999?.....Hmmm...

Have a click...You know you want to...

Thread Information