eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: card making -

Default card making -

Ive recently started making cards

although most of them look like a four year old has made them lol

i really enjoy doing them though so i was wondering if anyone knows of any good sites for designs , step by step instructions etc - dont want to make anything too fancy (not yet anyway) just using toppers , peel offs , embellishments etc

Thanks

Lisa :0)
    Lisa

Feedback left when payment received
    FREE POST ON ALL ORDERS

Free Pack of UK Wildflower seeds sent with every order throughout 2023

-------------------------------------------------------
    A smile is a curve that can set things straight!

Many thanks

lots of ideas for me to try

hopefully il be able to make some 1/2 decent cards now lol

Lisa :0)
    Lisa

Feedback left when payment received
    FREE POST ON ALL ORDERS

Free Pack of UK Wildflower seeds sent with every order throughout 2023

-------------------------------------------------------
    A smile is a curve that can set things straight!

Thanks for the links - I am in desperate need too haha
    I had this idea of making cards which can hold small items of jewellery.. at the moment I am waiting for my blanks to arrive but in the meantime I am making some crackers (DIY ones from Poundland) Now it all looks so very simple - you connect the cracker - pretty easy as you just join the tabs and slots. next you glue the stars and spangly bits to a wee card that is then glued to the cracker- oh boy haha it's like spaghetti junction with trails of glue everywhere. stars stuck to my glue and my fingers haha I am just wondering if there is a specific glue that's best for the job. I tried my glue gun then Uhu but both make the same mess (or rather i do )
    Any advice greatly appreciated
    xxchris
    "The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart" - Helen Keller
    My Store

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Kiamyka View Post
    Thanks for the links - I am in desperate need too haha
    I had this idea of making cards which can hold small items of jewellery.. at the moment I am waiting for my blanks to arrive but in the meantime I am making some crackers (DIY ones from Poundland) Now it all looks so very simple - you connect the cracker - pretty easy as you just join the tabs and slots. next you glue the stars and spangly bits to a wee card that is then glued to the cracker- oh boy haha it's like spaghetti junction with trails of glue everywhere. stars stuck to my glue and my fingers haha I am just wondering if there is a specific glue that's best for the job. I tried my glue gun then Uhu but both make the same mess (or rather i do )
    Any advice greatly appreciated
    xxchris

Ermmm there are some very good thin double sided tape rolls out there.. have you thought of that or just PVA not in large doses but that is good!

Happy Gluing haha
    Beautiful Cards for Beautiful People!
    Plus other things....

http://uk.four.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...arch&type=user

Biggar, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View Honehe's Feedback (+77)
    All-About Honehe
    View Honehe's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you get an eazi score board, you can fold card easily to make card blanks - it can be cheaper than buying loads of blanks. You can make envelopes with one too

Honehe

Netone'xovomohtahe navese'e?
    Birthdays are good for you - statistics show that those who have the most live the longest.

thanks for the tips - i did find some micro dot glue paper which works well and also some PVA glue but that can be messy too .Im not sure I have time for folding etc but will check out what the boards are Our 99-p shop currently has some blanks with all the bits n bobs n dangles n bows with them - enough to make 6 cards so cheap as chips . I will continue experimenting with them for now
    xxchrisxx
    "The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart" - Helen Keller
    My Store

Thread Information