My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Increasing The Turnover For eBid & eBidders Sell More List More

Exclamation Increasing The Turnover For eBid & eBidders Sell More List More

Whilst I think eBid Is A Great Site With Many Special Features I Think That Some Sellers (wait for it.. hear me out!) Some Sellers Have Been Making The Most Of The New Catagory Surgestion Section In The Forum (including me) & Surgesting Every Catagory Possible To Ease The Posting Of There Items This In Turn Meens That Any Buyer Looking For A Perticular Item Would Be Able To Find It With Out Any Problems (Great.. This is not a problem i hear you say but & there is always a But!) By Donig This You Also Help The Buyer To Tell If There Item Is Hear Or NOT & If Not This Could Meen The Buyer Will Go & Look Elsewere Faster, Example
    The Health & Beauty Section Has A Large Number Of Catagorys With Everything From Eyes To Lips, Face To Body & Brand Name To Others, What This Dose Is Give All The Sellers Loads Of Places To Put There Items To Make Them Much Easier For The Buyer To Find Right So What's The Problem??
    Well This Actully Reduces The Posabilaty Of Add On Sales Or Selling More Items Infact This Could Be The Differance Maker..
    I Think That For A Short Period Of Time (as a test) All The Health & Beauty Catagorys Should Be Removed & Replaced With The Following Options
    Health & Beauty - Cosmetics
    Health & Beauty - Perfumes
    Health & Beauty - Large Lots
    By Reducing The Health & Beauty Section To Those Surgested There Would Be A Lot More Items In Each Catagory Giving The Visitor The Impresion That This Auction Site May Be Worth Signing Up For & When The Potential Buyer Comes To The Site Whilst They May Not Find What They Was Looking For They May Well Find Something They Was Not Looking For Giving The Seller A Sale They Would Have Normally Lost To Another Site
    We All Know (Or Should All Know) That Add On Sales Can Make Up Over 50% Of Your Business So Cross Promotions Are Very Important & The Best Way To Be Noticed Is To Have A Great Selection That Is Easy To Find As A Whole & Not On There Own!!
    *** eBid Could & Maybe Would Be The Biggist Auction Site If We Stop & Think For Just A Min & Ask Yourself The Question.. If I Add Another Catagory How Many Items Will I List In It & Who Will Look?
    Kind Regards
    eBid Newbie
    T.O.D.s-bargins

View Barrattess's Feedback (+2717)
    All-About Barrattess
    View Barrattess's Listings
    Forum Posts

....actually, I can see your point!

Have a click...You know you want to...

It is a very valid point. I can remember a while back listing some cosmetic stuff and took ages to decide where to put it!

The major problem is going to be to put everything in the correct categories if the change was done. Might not be a very easy thing to do in practise.

I think this way is to avoid the "Item Specifics" that ebay has.
    Checkout my Sterling Silver Jewellery soon! Waiting stock to arrive!!!!

Thank you for your interest in this post, eBid has a great number of auctions currently running & the potentual of being not just a great site but a Fantastic site but from what i have been reading with regards to other sellers here there seems to be great trouble trying to find buyers, Well i don't beleave that for one min, I think that the buyers are visiting this site but we are failing to show them all that eBid has to offer remember first impresions are the most important & if we let a buyer slip the net the first time round chances are they don't wast time coming back. My post above is only an example & i agree there would be a ton of work involved in making the change as it reflects all catagorys on eBid but honestly why be so specific after all someone looking for silver plaited may well purchase something sterling silver if they like what they see & the discription is honest (no offence intended just an example) I think item specifics are great when an auction site has millions of items to search through but it is very important that we learn to walk before we can run & sometimes we all need to go back to basics, eBid has some great features that other sites don't & if loads more auctions were returned during searchs to give browsers a great choice it could open new doors for us all more sales meens more listings more listings more revenue You get the point!
    eBid Newbie
    T.O.D.s-bargins

It is very difficult for an auction site creator to create a site. As you point out: Silver Plated and Sterling Silver, they are 2 extremely different things.
    Silver Plated is an item that has a plated finish of Silver. Gold Plated is similar with a plating of 24 ct Gold. Both Compounds are extremely soft and no use on their own. Sterling Silver is a compound created usually of 92.5% silver and normally copper. Not sure about gold. Can;t remember at this stage althoght I know a man who could tell me off the top of his head as being a graduated jeweller!
    Ebid does have some great values and totally under utilised to be fair. At this stage, on the "dark side", althoughj their is a postal strike, this has been the highest weeks turnover with a fixed price auction success rate of 86% (never ever seen that before for me).. The specifics may help, it might be recommendations that help alot, it may be old cusom.
    Ebid must really hit on the positives and try and reduce the negatives.
    If it wasn't for having to allocate stock aside to list on Ebid, I would list a shed load of items, which have proved to be extremely good selling items. Sadly, I just can't afford to tie up stock at this time of the year, as the xmas shoppers have started and postal strikes are affecting deliveries to me

Hiya, I make you right regarding the silver plaited & sterling silver issue probably a bad example however do you think that jewellery & watches catagory needs to have Mobile Charms as a sub or even spliting up bracelets from charms & charm bracelets seperating toe rings from rings this to me is spreading items out to make them easier to find & easier to list but much much harder to sell if toe rings was with the other rings there would be a chance of someone seeing one or the other that they were not originaly looking for besides mobile charms should be with the mobile phone accessorys shouldant they?
    I also think feedback & price has a lot to do with sales but if you don't have any items to search then we are all waisting our time,
    Like you i can't afford to tie up stock on eBid in the hope that someone will find it so i am still spending hundreds of pounds each month selling in other places but with these changes on eBid we could all do better.
    Forum Newbie
    T.O.D.s-bargins

Mobile Charms, I wouldn't have in Jewellery at all. Toe Rings & Rings is another which may be a funny one as some people MAY list toe rings as body jewellery. It really is a catch 22 situation. It's like asking do you list Sterling Silver jewellery under costume or under fine jewellery??
    Feedback and Price definately has something to do with sales, as trust plays a big part (feedback) I try personally to aim prices below eBay but it all depends how you list. Using PPPay as an option works out more expensive than Paypal. After a recent experience, I rate PPPay as bad as Paypal for customer service goes. Shame that the fees for Worldpay work out more expensive or I would go down that route!

I would sign up for Google checkout.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Yes, going to do that. Its free for 2007 That is one big plus point for ebid. They haven't banned it, unlike fleabay. They hate competition lol

Hiya, I have signed up for google checkout done it last week & just waiting for the security checks, am not sure how good it is yet but am interested to find out how much (if any!) better than paypal & the others it realy is
    Forum Newbie
    T.O.D.s-bargins

Thread Information