Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Children in Need - Friday 16th November 2007

Lightbulb Children in Need - Friday 16th November 2007

Not sure if anyone did anything last year, but I thought it would be good to have a special promotion for Children in Need.

We could post auctions a week before the day the programme is on, so they finish around the 16th November. It would be great if eBid could support it by adding a special category in the 'auctions' catgeory for the duration of the promotion. Also, a special homepage featuring auctions for Children in Need would be good.

What does everyone else think?

nyk do you think you could persuade Gazza/Mark to support it with special homepage etc - maybe they can also donate any fees from the auctions as well! - they listen to you! ;-P

I think this will be an ideal opportunity to promote eBid whilst also supporting a good cause.

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Children in Need

Quote Originally Posted by ToyCrazyUK View Post
    Not sure if anyone did anything last year, but I thought it would be good to have a special promotion for Children in Need.

We could post auctions a week before the day the programme is on, so they finish around the 16th November. It would be great if eBid could support it by adding a special category in the 'auctions' catgeory for the duration of the promotion. Also, a special homepage featuring auctions for Children in Need would be good.

What does everyone else think?

nyk do you think you could persuade Gazza/Mark to support it with special homepage etc - maybe they can also donate any fees from the auctions as well! - they listen to you! ;-P

I think this will be an ideal opportunity to promote eBid whilst also supporting a good cause.
    I'll certainly be listing charity auctions for Children in Need, but will be starting them in time to have them sold before the actual day, so I have a total to send them in during the programme. As for the G&M remark, I don't know the guys, my voice is heard as loudly as anyone else's about here. If you take up this subject in the promo forum, I'll see you, oh, we are here!!! Doh! LOL
    Last edited by nykmedia; 11th September 2007 at 08:17 PM.
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

Thanks for your reply nyk. It would be good if we can get a few people interested. If there is enough support, I'll email eBid support to see if they are interested in making a special feature for it.

I'll post a request on the new category thread for a 'children in need' subcategory in the charity category. They've ignored all my other category requests so far, though, so I can't imagine them adding it for me :-( .

If anyones got any ideas for special themes etc for children in need auctions, please let us know. It would be good if we could time all the auctions to finish something like an hour into the programme. I don't know if they would mention about the charity auctions on the programme to give people a chance to look before they close, or if that would count as advertising on the BBC. We could then contact them with the grand total once they've all finished.

I think finish them around midnight that way they have the whole evening to come and bid.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

I've just been thinking it would be great if the home page had the Children in Need stuff on it with a running total - totals of completed auctions and totals of auctions still running. If we get a decent number of auctions finishing up to midnight, we could even contact them a few times with updates on our amounts.

Maybe we could send BBC a couple of items or at least pictures of items which would be up for auction so they can show them on the programme.

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Errrr My children ARE THE ONES IN NEED! Did you know a lot of the money for Children in Need DOES NOT GO to Schools that are State schools. When Adam was at Special school (Not residential lie he is now) They we're really struggling for funds and I asked about CIN Funds they said they cant get them?? SO WHERE do the Millions go?

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

I'm surprised to hear that your son's old school could not get funds from CIN.

Here is their statement from their website:

BBC Children in Need is a grant giver and a registered charity.
    BBC Children in Need positively changes the lives and prospects of children and young people living in the UK who have suffered hardships, difficulties or disadvantages of some kind.

Each year the charity provides practical and lasting support to thousands of youngsters aged 18 and under, including those who have experienced homelessness, neglect, abuse or poverty, and those who've encountered serious illnesses, disabilities, psychological disorders or addictions.

How do we decide where the money goes?
    The charity allocates grants to registered charities or voluntary and community groups that aim to make a positive difference to children and young people's lives. Grants are targeted at the areas of greatest need, and money is allocated geographically to ensure that children and young people in all corners of the UK receive a balanced share of the money raised.

An average BBC Children in Need grant is around £20,000, although grants can range from as little as £100 to many thousands of pounds.

In an average year the appeal distributes around 1,500 grants to organisations across the UK, but receives about twice this number of applications for funding every year. All applications are carefully considered and grants allocated are followed up to ensure they are spent appropriately.

The size and scale of the BBC Children in Need Appeal means that we're able to give grants to smaller organisations who don't have the fundraising infrastructure to raise significant funds for themselves.

Every penny counts
    Every penny that you give us will be awarded to a project working with disadvantaged children and young people in the UK. No part of your donation will be used to cover our administration costs.

How can we do this?
    When we award funding to a project this may be for a period of up to three years. Giving a longer term grant ensures that the project can get well established and be in a position to have a real impact on the lives of disadvantaged children and young people. To ensure that the project is being well run we don't give the project all its funding upfront and only release the later year's money after we've received a report on the work that has been done to date. This means that we have some funds on deposit in our bank awaiting distribution. This money earns investment income and it's from this income that we cover our administration costs.

In 2005 our appeal raised £33m and we've since awarded £33m to projects across the UK - so every penny you give does make a difference.

How is the money raised?
    No professional fundraisers are employed - the charity relies on the generosity and imagination of the general public to raise the money. As a direct result of the passion, commitment and enthusiasm of those taking part, the appeal is one of the largest distributors of grants to children's charities and voluntary organisations in the UK.

Our financial statements
    BBC Children in Need is a registered charity no 802052. Each year our financial statements are independently audited and we're required to file them and supporting returns with the Charity Commission. Our financial statements can be viewed at the Charity Commission website.

I think having a section for Children in Need on eBid in November, should get us some publicity.

Smile Children in Need Promotion

We now have a subcategory for 'Children in Need' in the auctions category. This will be a great chance to promote eBid if we can send press releases to the local/national papers with details and plug the fact that you can list for free.

If anyone's good at putting together those sort of things, please canyou let me have ideas for wording, and if anyone knows how to do html Emails, it would be good to have a nice looking Email to send around.

Any (positive ) suggestions welcome!

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Brilliant news! I wonder if there is any way the eBid management can accept all the funds raised so that it could go as one lump sum from eBid, like if we opted to use PPPay as first option for transactions and then all transferred it to them, so we also had an exact overall figure. I know they have an account as some, possibly all, their non buddy point auctions state that buyers need to pay via PPPay. Just a thought
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

Thread Information