My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Introducing "Working With Wood"

Smile Introducing "Working With Wood"

Good day eBid friends. I have been on this site for almost 2 years now, but have posted little. I am changing that and have begun to stock my store.

http://ca.ebid.net/stores/Working-With-Wood

I am a former newspaper publisher with Canada's second largest newspaper chain. You guys will know the one with that special feature that used to be on page 3, but has long since moved to the sports section. (cough)

I am also an ordained evangelical minister. Please don't hold that against me. However, some very serious physical probs over the past 8 years has had me disabled for the past 5. I now spend all my time in my woodworking shop trying to put a few extra coins in my pocket to keep the wolves away and help my wonderful wife of 36 years keep us afloat.

Many of my creations are unique and can't be purchased elsewhere. I work hard at quality customer service. On other auctions sites I have achieved a 100 percent satisfaction level with more than 1,000 feedbacks.

Working with Wood will feature a number of lovely items over the next while. Most of these are sold locally through a craft shop and many have proven to be buyer favourites.

I trust you will give me a look and more specifically, a sale or two. I will reciprocate where I can and have already viewed every store and auction listing of those who have responded to my other forum thread.

Everybody have a wonderful weekend and keep smiling!
    Mrshaky - Jack

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi MrShaky, welcome to eBid!
    Have you introduced yourself in the 'welcome to eBid' thread and the 'plug your own auctions' thread? The 'plug' thread is for promoting your items - you run your own thread and can update it as often as you like to advertise your items - one thread per seller (despite a few having overlooked this rule LOL). Being involved with the publishing industry, you could look on your 'plug' thread as your personal online publishing project,writing regularly about your store and featuring all your own items and promotions.

This forum (Promoting eBid & your eBid stores) is for discussing ways of promoting eBid and the eBid stores in general. I guess it could have been better named, perhaps something like 'marketing & promotions', as it is a little confusing to newcomers who haven't explored all of the forums yet. Apart from all of that, I hope you'll have a great time here and visit us in the promotions forum to share your thoughts and ideas about spreading the good news of eBid (no pun intended, no offence meant).
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

Hi Mr Shaky - welcome to eBid!

Make sure you update your signature for your postings with a link to your eBid store. I love the 'countdown to Christmas'!

Some of us are using the forums to bounce around ideas to promote eBid and get new members before the Christmas rush. With your experience in newspaper publishing, if there are any good ways you know of getting cheap/free publicity for eBid, please share it with us. nyk has loads of great ideas.

My latest idea is to see if we can get a special 'Secret Santa' section before Christmas. A lot of offices buy Christmas presents this way where the aim is to get something weird for a colleague, but they don't know who the gift is from. Some websites have special sections for Secret Santa and if we could get a decent amount of listings in this category, we should be able to get some mentions in the press and even get people to pass Emails with the links on to their friends.

Thread Information