Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Howdy Folks!

Talking Howdy Folks!

Hi Everyone!

My name's Melissa. I've been dropped in a small hick town in Georgia, USA. Not quite what I was used to, but I've managed so far. I hope that testing these new waters will be as successful. I am open to any advise or criticism you may have- no really, please help me- This is all so new to me, wheeeee! I'm excited and hopeful yet scared out of my whits!

The only auction experience I come with is watching my grandmother bid on a hideous golden colored roman soldier picture at the bowling alley charity auction back when I was eight. She told me as she tossed it in the trash when we got home, "I only bought it to keep someone else from displaying it". *sigh* My Gram is always looking out for others, it truely was ugly.

Anyways, with all that experience under my belt, I'm now 2 days into the world of internet auctions and I have some questions that I my searches haven't answered.

*What types of auctions work best? I see so many item listings set as a BuyNow option only and a few that actually set up bidding. Any suggestions on when/why to use one versus the other?

*I don't want to overcharge on my shipping, yet I'm not sure what the cost will be either. How can I range my shipping prices to enable the sale and not get jipped into charging too little or too much for shipping in my listings?

*how long did it take to get all your items up onto your store? I don't quite understand the bulk load option and have been adding items one at a time, it seems so time consuming. I have thousands of items and at this rate I'll be years and still be plugging away adding them in. I sell a broad range of items and finding the right category is proving difficult at times.

Thank you for letting me babble. I will try not to let it happen to often.

Best wishes, Best thoughts, Best of Everything to you!
    M

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello Savemore & welcome to ebid!
    I'm in the UK so probably wouldn't be much help with ur questions, no doubt someone else will be along shortly though lol
    & don't worry about "babble"....we all do!
    Have a good read of the threads, there's loads of really good advice from experienced "auctioneers".

Welcome aboard!
    Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Talking Hi

Thanks for the reply and the welcome. I'm slowly adding things to my listings- please check it out! I don't seem to have anyone looking at them, any advice?

M

Thread Information