eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Link back to eBid from your site.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lucylopes123 View Post
    Hello can any one tell me why I can't see my ebid store in the store listings.
    i am new to this so maybe I am doing somthing wrong please help

It was offline for a while as my server went down last night

Greatful for any help out there
    I found it okay on the second page of the cosmetics stores http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/main.c...egory&start=20

Stores are listed in "number of items listed" order, starting with the largest, so you just need to list more stuff to work your way up the list.

Quote Originally Posted by islandbuckman View Post
    (see long post # 121 above)
    Hello, Islandbuckman.

First off, I apologize for not seeing this post sooner. I don't know how I missed it. Apparently, I am not the only person to miss it. That your sister placed a bid on one of your items is rightly suspicious, though eBid's reaction in suspending your sister was clearly an overreaction. It was like swatting a fly with a sledgehammer. You have every right to be angry. They should have merely cancelled the bid and gave both you and your sister a written warning/explanation. What your sister did was wrong, and there is no way around it. But given that shill bidding is almost impossible to prove when two unrelated people engage in it, I think a more modest approach to dealing with an obvious case would be warranted if eBid is serious about promoting the site. Making an example out of your sister is no way for eBid to discourage shill bidding or to get more business. If they want to get serious about keeping the site clean, they need to get rid of shysters and phantom sellers who show up regularly with cheap computers and other electronics for sale, but who never ship the actual items.

If eBid wants me to promote their site on my website, they can pay me. I find it highly ironic that they want free advertising when they have rules against providing links to outside sites within item listings (just like F**kBay). This is not a free site with strings attached. I pay them for the right to sell here, and if what they are charging is not enough, well, they can complete this sentence.

Yet again, it is proven why loyalty is for suckers.
    ================

The biggest truths are always left unsaid.

The biggest lies are repeated endlessly.

I'm glad they put the hammer down. Shill bidding happens all the time at feebay. I'm sure they have groups that work together. If you want to get paid for advertising then you'll have to make an effort to get an ebid banner from ClixGalore. They pay 2 dollars for anyone who links through and joins. Us who have spent hours and days of our own time advertising the site helps everyone here. My sales don't reflect my time but I'm sure it brought a sale or 2 to one of our members. Nobody wants the big fees like the farside. "Loyalty is for suckers" ? Ask your wife if that statement is true. I'm no wizard myself, but I really wonder where you get some of your thoughts from? No meanness intended. Just commenting on what I see posted on the page in front of me.

Forum Newbie
    View jwag's Feedback (+2)
    All-About jwag
    View jwag's Listings
    Forum Posts

What's with the clixgalore thingy? Overall, it looks like a great idea....to provide a way for us to add a link to ebid and pay us a commission for new members. However, with clixgalore, they take a portion of the commission. What's up with that. If ebid wants to pay a commisssion or a bonus, why not just do that themselves with a button or banner that we can add to our websites and email signatures? The button could include code that links the new member to our account so we get credit for it. Or, is that just simpler said than done?

Quote Originally Posted by dixiebooks View Post
    What's with the clixgalore thingy? Overall, it looks like a great idea....to provide a way for us to add a link to ebid and pay us a commission for new members. However, with clixgalore, they take a portion of the commission. What's up with that. If ebid wants to pay a commisssion or a bonus, why not just do that themselves with a button or banner that we can add to our websites and email signatures? The button could include code that links the new member to our account so we get credit for it. Or, is that just simpler said than done?

I tell you, I had so much trouble signing up with this group that I just gave up and added a non paying ebid link on my website that another member created. Actually got so far that I had the confirmation link to do the operation and the link refused to work, and numerous emails to clix got no help. Was a waste of time( several hours over many months), and I did not get clix do add the link.

Definitely simpler said than done.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Exclamation Attention GAZZA

Could you edit your initial thread posting to correct the image URLs that currently point to the old number SIX server? The available banners are currently not shown.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Could you edit your initial thread posting to correct the image URLs that currently point to the old number SIX server? The available banners are currently not shown.
    Keep trying. We've asked before. But... (sfx: ham acting) they never seem to do anything about, you're just wasting your time! (end sfx).

Well, just now Gazza seems to be taking great delight in proving us wrong, so it might work.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well clearly some time after the server move the post was edited to correct the URLs in the HTML copyable links but not in the body of the message.

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

I just added some new toys to one of my blogs and one of them was a page rank checker, and started playing around with the ebid back link, there are several back links that are totally wrong and will possibly be messing up ebids rating.

http://ebid.net = 83
    http://www.ebid.net = 6,336
    http://www..ebid.net = 16,140
    http://www,ebid.net = 21,340

There are probably more but a little more checking of their ebid links by people may be required to see they have the http://www.ebid.net link required
    Last edited by hotandvintage; 24th October 2009 at 08:20 PM.

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View heatemyfather's Feedback (+53)
    All-About heatemyfather
    View heatemyfather's Listings
    Forum Posts

How come some of the new banners are still showing the old logos and colours? I think it's high time they were all remade anyway, some of the items and prices in them are probably way out of date by now.
    Last edited by heatemyfather; 17th April 2010 at 02:20 PM.
    My auctions: video games, photography stuff, miniature wargaming hobby bits and pieces
    My eBid stores: Miniature Hobby Store | Old Games
    My eBid adverts page (also home to my free eBid promotional graphics):
    http://www.jonathanmortimer.co.uk/adverts/

Thread Information