eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Link back to eBid from your site.

paully58 That is just the problem I had along with that sites request I ling the pheebay sit at my store site. I could not find anyway to do that. Thanks Bob

View paully58's Feedback (+3)
    All-About paully58
    View paully58's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question

Quote Originally Posted by commish80 View Post
    paully58 That is just the problem I had along with that sites request I ling the pheebay sit at my store site. I could not find anyway to do that. Thanks Bob
    Hi commish80,
    this is what I did once on the site home page I got to this heading "Directory Of Online Auction Sellers" I then clicked on the relevant heading for me which in my case is "Baby, Nursery & Childrens Stores" then I came to this "Directory Of Online Auction Sellers" and then went to the heading "Baby Clothes" and clicked on that and it took me to this page "Directory Of Online Auction Sellers" then if you scroll down a tiny bit you should see this "
    Suggest a Store for display on this page
    Suggest a New Sub-Category for this page

then click on "suggest a store for display on this page" Link and you will be directed to this page "

Submission RulesThank you for suggesting an online store link to add to the directory

Please make sure that this suggestion is under the correct product category.
    You are submitting this URL link suggestion for the current page being viewed.

To suggest your store for inclusion in the directory
    you must be a site supporter.

You will need to submit your link suggestion only on the page you want the link to
    be visible on.

You may only submit the same link URL once until it has been screened. Once
    screened you may submit the same URL link at another page of the directory.

Only links to [COLOR=#0000ff! important][COLOR=#0000ff! important]online [COLOR=#0000ff! important]store [/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff! important]fronts[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] will be accepted. Links to stores selling items
    considered abusive, illegal or inappropriate will be rejected.
    NetStoreSearch.com reserve the right to add/reject links at their sole discretion. Do not submit descriptions all in UPPER CASE.

Site Name:URLescription:Your email address:
    " So then you just fill it out and click on the button below "Suggest a store to display on this page, hope this helps you out, one thing though make sure the page you do this on IS relevant to what you are selling,

I'm only showing you with baby things as that is relevant to me so if your selling car parts put in that section ok.
    paully58

All-About paully58
    View paully58's Listings
    Forum Posts

ed to

I have tried toput my link on this site and there it wants me to put their link back on my store site, but Im unable to find the place to do that to put the link of http://www.pheebay.com and Im not sure what reciprocal link to use. Can anyone help me. Thanks Bob at http://us.ebid.net/stores/commishsfinds
    ok in your case antiques

Thumbs up directory of online auctions

paully58 I followed you instructions and it let me submitt it, so Im not sure it told me it was successful. I don't know if I need to do anything else with it or not. Thanks for the great help. Bob

All-About paully58
    View paully58's Listings
    Forum Posts

paully58 I followed you instructions and it let me submitt it, so Im not sure it told me it was successful. I don't know if I need to do anything else with it or not. Thanks for the great help. Bob
    I don't think anything else needs to be done I think they e mail when your store is listed (I think it takes 48 hour's) but don't quote me on that :-) I will check it out later and let you know ok. something totally irrelivant to this but did you know your location Tower Hill is an Underground train Station in London?
    paully58.

Quote Originally Posted by paully58 View Post
    I don't think anything else needs to be done I think they e mail when your store is listed (I think it takes 48 hour's) but don't quote me on that :-) I will check it out later and let you know ok. something totally irrelivant to this but did you know your location Tower Hill is an Underground train Station in London?
    paully58.
    paully58 I know there is something about Tower Hill connected with London. That is interesting. So far I have not received an e mail. I know it said my action was accepted. So we will see what happens. Do you know if there is something to do so a ebid seller's store will show up when certain items are searched for on Google? Thanks Bob

paully58 I know there is something about Tower Hill connected with London. That is interesting. So far I have not received an e mail. I know it said my action was accepted. So we will see what happens. Do you know if there is something to do so a ebid seller's store will show up when certain items are searched for on Google? Thanks Bob
    paully58 I was just now able to go a Google search for my store and some of my items and for them by doing the search. Maybe that will send some buyers my way. Thansk Bob

All-About paully58
    View paully58's Listings
    Forum Posts

paully58 I was just now able to go a Google search for my store and some of my items and for them by doing the search. Maybe that will send some buyers my way. Thansk Bob
    Commish80,
    I just did a google search for my store (Babies Bargain Store) it came up on the first page of google listed 5 and 6 here is a copy of the page

<LI class=g>Girl's velour dress in Mulberry on eBid.net United Kingdom

Babies Bargain Store : Clothes > 1226789687-15506-0 · Home : Buy : Clothing & Accessories : Girls Clothing : Other > 1226789687-15506-0 ...
    uk.four.ebid.net/perl/auction.cgi?auction=1226789687-15506-0&mo=auction - 68k - Cached - Similar pages
    <LI class=g style="MARGIN-LEFT: 3em">Girl's denim dress with fur flower on eBid.net United Kingdom

Babies Bargain Store : Clothes > 1226958090-5074-0 · Home : Buy : Clothing & Accessories : Girls Clothing : Other > 1226958090-5074-0 ...
    uk.four.ebid.net/perl/auction.cgi?auction=1226958090-5074-0&mo=auction - 69k - Cached - Similar pages
    More results from uk.four.ebid.net »

So it does work but then again how many people will search/know to search for my store? so I will try with one of my items not listed in this.

Just tried with 3 of my items but nothing came up on google only for a seller on feebay whose prices are higher than mine?
    paully58

View CrazyJay's Feedback (+149)
    All-About CrazyJay
    View CrazyJay's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am currently listign records both here and ......there!. I have a link on my other venue listings, explaining that I am only listing a few records there, but that visitors can read more of my record related rambling on my blog ( I have NOT linked directly to my items here.)

Within the blog I explain that I am listing records on 2 different auction sites to compare them, and have links to both. I've also explained that the records on Ebid tend to be slightly lower priced.

Only time will tell if that will bring bidders across.

For those who aren't fussy about filtering what I sell - Take a look at ALL my stuff above. - But for more specific listings, take a peek in the stores below.

TOY-PALLOI - For all sorts of traditional playthings!

THE PAPERBOYS PLEASURE - For Books & Magazines

OUT ON THE FLOOR - For Records - (mainly 1950's - 60's)

VIEWPOINT - Photographic Equipment

THE SCRAPYARD - Spare parts for old cars and bikes

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hmm, banners are good, but if anything, the banners listed only encourage more sellers to come here. I wouldn't mind seeing eBid help us sellers on here already and make banners for our listings which include our shop logo's etc along with eBid's logo, then we can use them here, there and everywhere. I'd even pay for it too if eBid made a banner like that with my shop name/logo.

I found away of keeping a presence on Greedbay, by listing an item but not actually making it available for sale hehe! It's called an Advertisement Listing and it lists items I have for sale on eBid with direct item links. Have 3 of the up at the moment so £1.20 for 3 listings for advertising to keep a presence over there. I've had a sale on eBid off of it and have people watching those listings, and I've took the time to compare prices with my competitors on Greedbay too, so potential buyers can sell they'll get a much better deal from me on eBid than my competitors on Greedbay.. Obviously, I've made it clear at the top of the Advertisement Listing that it is an advert and that to buy the items advertised, they need to come to eBid hehe..
    Last edited by darth_reaper; 27th November 2008 at 08:57 PM.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

Thread Information