eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: has any body sold anything here on ebid?

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimihorizons View Post
    All I know is that, I have some items with over 100 views, at any other auction on this planet( Overstock, Ebay, etc.), I would also have a relative number of bids,THAT'S A FACT, ..
    Your mention of Overstock really is a puzzle, especially in the same sentence as feebay.

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Can I point you in the direction of this link and ask you to support me in my quest to find out about this very issue. (It'll also help me raise funds for my chosen charity, apparently, as I've been told I'll never get 80 voters out of eBid.)

Your help in this matter is greatly appreciated as I, too, would like to know why so many people look without bidding or buying. I will say, though, that I've seen enough of an improvement to warrant stocking my stores for 2008 and have set myself a personal challenge relating to how much I intend to earn through my stores. I think, if you have taken out seller+ membership, you are starting off on the right foot, so stick with me on this one and let's get to the bottom of the eBid non-bidding conundrum. Damian, Jimbo, Jimi, please play nicely from now, I'm only going to be attempting to earn some sort of a living here, so don't upset any of my potential customers before I ditch the old stuff and get my nice shiny new stores stocked for next year.

PS: Here's the link again, in case you missed it. Let's get this show on the road.
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View julesjems's Feedback (+66)
    All-About julesjems
    View julesjems's Listings
    Forum Posts

i sell well in ebay, but thought id try in here, i had hardly and that looked at my stuff, so browsed through the forum and got loads of advice ie putting a link for my stores etc, ive only sold 2 this week but its a start,listen to the advice thats given,took me awhile to get used to ebay, this is the same, once you settle in and get to know how it all works you can sort your store and try sell differant things,i quite enjoy coming in here not as stressful, and if you sell something makes you get a bit more enthusiastic, or is that just me?,but i like a challenge so will carry on and see how it goes, so good luck, jules xx
    http://mr-jingles.ebid.net/

JULESJEMS............A DIAMOND OF A STORE

Forum Diehard
    View QCPOTS's Feedback (+52)
    All-About QCPOTS
    View QCPOTS's Listings
    Forum Posts

because of the nature of the items I list in my main collectables store, I dont expect to sell a a rapid rate,
    BUT even I have been suprised at the amount I have sold in the last 2 months,
    selling items at £100 plus, you dont expect them to FLY OUT THE DOOR
    but its been over £700.00 in the 2 weeks,

I opened another store, to sell what I thought would go quickly, cloths and quality jewelry,
    NEW hand knitted wastecoats knitted by members of the local mothers club, the revenue helps to keep the club going,, its a good cause, so I expected them to go, this knit ware is the best seller, when they do their sales days, ( only allowed two per year ),

but it goes to show how poor sales are, not one sale in a month, so I think that store will get closed,

it a shame as I had high hopes for it,

but I aint quiting EBID
    Last edited by QCPOTS; 20th November 2007 at 11:05 AM.

All-About julesjems
    Forum Posts

i wish i knew how to put a decent banner up, ive tried and tried but wont load,ive all these ideas for my stores but im that thick dont know how to?:-(think ill be a red head next week, glad your not giving up ebid,you have to proove to yourself it can be done!and if not well at least you havent paid all the fees as in ebay, jules x
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View Bearsden06's Feedback (+26)
    All-About Bearsden06
    View Bearsden06's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile

I keep trying different things as cannot understand why a book on here gets a lot of views, does not sell put it over on to E Bay and it sells.
    Wonder if the following might put off first time buyers I have only just noticed it,call a listing up scroll down to the bottem and it says prefered method of payment PPP etc and followed by use Escrow for safe payment or words very much like this.
    I think that phraseolgy maybe putting buyers off,if they think they have to use Escrow to buy safely and with the extra costs are turning away going elseware where Paypal is predominent and the sellers picks up the cost of transaction.
    Another minor thing when you click on the buy it now and go to checkout its says estimated postage etc this really should read p + p £.....
    Just a thought while I keep working on the problem of low sales on here

Bearsden06
    Last edited by Bearsden06; 20th November 2007 at 03:19 PM.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/secondtime-books Still trying to find that elusive book why not visit us we may just have it.=For other collectables come and see us at http://uk.ebid.net/stores/DudleysCollectables

Quote Originally Posted by jimihorizons View Post
    Demand and Supply and Jimbo750,apparently have nothing better to do than give newbies a hard time, making snide and sarcastic comments,with some ocassional advice, as if they know everything..I have checked both of their sites and see many unsold items, with LOTS of VIEWS, but apparently no bidders and he is selling inexpensive items...Hmmmmm, makes ya wonder..I see Supply has over 6,000 posts. when does he have time to sell anything..All I know is that, I have some items with over 100 views, at any other auction on this planet( Overstock, Ebay, etc.), I would also have a relative number of bids,THAT'S A FACT, but here it's incredible, I've never see anything like it..I guess if you are selling cheaper items, you might make an ocassional sale, but I see too many of the same complaints on here..All Views and No Bids...If anyone has any civilized advice, I will be glad to listen...
    Both myself and Jimbo are constantly helping out both new members and those who have been here for a while. Personally, I get pi$$ed off by the people who either don't take on board that advice and then complain or by those who don't even bother asking before slagging the place off. I have little time for fools and rather than waste time with them I am prone to letting them know my opinion.

However, those people who are genuinely making an effort to understand the different approach needed to sell here, who take the time to listen to the advice given and who make an effort to solve their own problems by using the resources which are freely available here, such as the forum search function, I am only too happy to keep on assisting.

This is one of the reasons that the number of posts I make is in the thousands; something which you obviously failed to understand when making your unhelpful remarks.

I suggest that instead of being so narrow minded in your approach you take the time to research and find out the truth before making future comments.

All-About julesjems
    Forum Posts

i think its because ebay get a lot more visitors in, its more established, i sell better in there but i like this place and now since i put some links up and my feedback from ebay its picking up now, ive had a lot looking which is a start,but im not giving up its a nice place a lot more friendly and you dont have to wait days for a response to a question, as for the payments just put paypal if thats what you prefer,good luck jules x

Exclamation We Will Win!!

Quote Originally Posted by boxer1970 View Post
    has any body sold anything here on ebid?
    i have bean on ebid for a change to get away from ebay even thou i am doing oke on there people dont seam to buy on here
    i wonder why????
    i am getting the views but no bids r buyer
    maybe because my feed back is 0?????????
    the first week i was on ebay i sold over 20 items
    here nothing

well not to worry
    maybe evrbody on here r sellers
    and no buyer
    Look here everyone!!! Aren’t we all here mostly for the same reasons:
    A: because we’re fed-up with being ripped off by Feebay
    B: because we want to buy and sell.

Well then if we are going to beat the dark side we ALL need to work together.

No you won’t sell as much on here as on the other side BUT they were small too once upon a time!

All we need are more sellers with the vision and foresight to see that if they stick around instead of just disappearing because of slow sales, the sales will improve, as they have been doing.

Remember more SELLERS bring more CHOICE which in turn brings more BUYERS

Nothing changes unless you make it happen!!

If you put nothing in you’ll get nothing out

From a little acorn grows the mighty oak!

WE CAN MAKE THIS HAPPEN

Forum Diehard
    View QCPOTS's Feedback (+52)
    All-About QCPOTS
    View QCPOTS's Listings
    Forum Posts

how many come here with those questions, selling on here,

how many of them still list on sh**bay,

and those that bdo, do they let the peeps know they are on here,

one thing I have done and its worked for me,

I know because the buyers have told me,

I put in my pictures, on sh**bay == property of qcpots at ebid, ==