Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Does anyone collect vintage powder compacts?

Default Does anyone collect vintage powder compacts?

I am quite surprised to discover that no one is selling any vintage powder compacts on ebid. I don't mean the new make up, but the powder compacts collectables. I have a huge collection of Stratton & others, most I wish to keep, but some I would like to sell. Mainly I would like to add to my collection. Is there really no one that is interested here?

judging by the lack of response on this, gives me the answer I was looking for. Going back to greedbay to carry on collecting compacts and selling them seems to defeat the object somewhat!

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello Dawn, I'm not a collector but I do buy them when I see them. I've sold a lot in the past, including some very nice ones. Any new lots I come across will appear here first.

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View DaisyChain's Feedback (+76)
    All-About DaisyChain
    View DaisyChain's Listings
    Forum Posts

As Kedo says, i too do not collect powder compact, but i would be willing to buy to sell elsewhere if i thought i could

List them, if your the only person who has any up, then you may fill a need on ebid and make some decent money
    Click here to see my items for Sale!
    Amiga, Mega Drive, Playstation Games and More!

I know the "other" auction site is much bigger in comparison, but even so, there seems to be plenty of buying & selling there of powder compacts.
    I have thought about adding a load of these when I come back from hols in a couple of weeks, but there;s not even a right catergory in collectables for these. At least I can try and see what happens as it's not going to cost me to do so.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Do what I do, ask for the category to be set up then 'pioneer' it. If you have a significant amount of stock it's very effective. If you're the only one listing in a category you get all the attention. For instance, I put a few items in Collectables/Lamps a while back a category which was empty. I've made two sales so far, one for £35 and one for £85 so I'm quite happy. I think a lot of collectors are checking eBid now because they can't just assume that there won't be anything interesting listed. Incidentally, ask for the category to be set up now, before you go away!

thanks for the good advice kedo..... goes off to ask about getting new catergory set up......

Thread Information