My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Gazza, EBid listings not appearing on googlebase

I'm not quite sure but seem to remember reading somewhere that the listings are only updated every 14 days by Google?

Hi Gazza posted about when the uploads take place: http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread....370#post529370

Not quite sure what to do now, all my listings are 3 day auctions with a BIN. In order to get any showing on Googlebase I would need to change them either to auctions well over 7 days or to fixed price. Could try changing a few I suppose and see how things go.

My items aren't showing up either. Where did you read that bit about "only listings with more than 7 days remaining are shown".?

Quote Originally Posted by *artsbanquet* View Post
    My items aren't showing up either. Where did you read that bit about "only listings with more than 7 days remaining are shown".?
    I quoted it from the reply I got from support yesterday

Does that mean that only listings that are fixed price and that are listed for 7 days or more will show?

Quote Originally Posted by *artsbanquet* View Post
    Does that mean that only listings that are fixed price and that are listed for 7 days or more will show?
    No I don't think so,as I see it, it can be an auction with a buy it now price but there has got to be more than 7 days left to run (I assume when the upload takes place)... so it would have to be set as a looooooong auction. Or alternatively 'run until sold' with a BIN

Or it can be a fixed price, buy it now only listing which again needs to be set to run so there are more than 7 days left at the time of upload.

On the other hand I could be wrong

Hmm...that would mean to appear on Googlebase, I'd have to change all my 3-day auctions to 7 day auctions. Which means they get shown at the end of the Ebid search lists.

Can anyone who is knowledgeable about Googlebase please provide any advice?

To be honest I think they would need to more than 7 day auctions.

But anyway, I have replied to the email I got from support yesterday, asking for more clarification and have included a link to this thread so they can see we're confused LOL. I've also put in a request for Gazza to post on the thread to clear things up. If he doesn't I'll post on here with the reply I get from support.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

at 5.45 am on the 8th, 18th and 28th of each month we upload auctions with at least 7 days remaining and with BuyNow available to Google Products.

So to be on there your auctions will need to be

Auction with at least 7 days remaining & BuyNow available
    OR
    Auction with On First Bid & BuyNow available
    OR
    Fixed Price with at least 7 days remaining
    OR
    Fixed Price with Run Until Sold

Hope this helps
    Gazza
    Last edited by gazza; 5th July 2007 at 04:40 PM.
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    at 5.45 am on the 8th, 18th and 28th of each month we upload auctions with at least 7 days remaining and with BuyNow available to Google Products.

So to be on there your auctions will need to be

OR
    OR
    OR

Hope this helps
    Gazza

Hi Gazza,

I do not understand the reasoning for this as I would think the more items eBid shows on Google Products the more eBid could possibly get noticed and the better it would be for all.

Also this is not using the best of both eBid and Google Products since we are left with a choice of making the most of the search eBid offers or making the most of the search Google Products offers. Wouldn't it be better for eBidders to be able to get the most from both? I can understand the possibility of needing to have a fixed price for the item to be purchased at to upload it to Google but I don't understand the time limits.

Both of the following options make it where either the listings will seldom be in the window to be uploaded to Google Products or they will be so far down the eBid search list that a lot of them will never be found.

OR

Both of the following options should always be uploaded to Google Product but since Run Until Sold is farther down the list than those mentioned above and On First Bid appears to be at the end of searches both of these will probably never be seen in most eBid searches.

OR

Would it be possible to remove any time limits?

Thanks for your consideration.

Regards,
    Peggy
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

Thread Information