My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Ambitious Sales Drive

Thanks - I see what you mean. Will take a bit of work though, cutting and pasting the links.

Quote Originally Posted by *artsbanquet* View Post
    Thanks - I see what you mean. Will take a bit of work though, cutting and pasting the links.
    True, but would any of us be listing items if we weren't prepared to put the effort in?

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nykmedia View Post

I think you'll find that there are many people who do not, and have not, considered the possibilities of what can show up in the major search engines when listing items for sale on eBid. However, if I COULD provide something 'new and exciting' (and make it totally free of charge) I most certainly would. In the meantime, I'm still searching through the dusty mind files to come up with the 'Holy Grail' of eBid selling
    You're absolutely right. Very interesting stuff!

Re. your earlier post, strangely enough I always do include the auction title in the auction description. I also name the picture. I don't do it because I know anything about search engines, it's mostly just habit from my training in the past. It sounds like I've been doing the right thing for the wrong reason.

I suppose it would go some way towards accounting for the high hits rates I get on some of my items. For instance I managed to get a reasonable proportion of my antique prints of Sussex listed. There are around 100 now, all mentioning Sussex in the title, at least once in the description and once in the picture name. All these items have been getting disproportionately high hit rates. I was getting quite puzzled as to why in fact.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just tried an e.g. in Google (Farriery, print). I got an entry on the second page of results before a feebay seller offering similar stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by nykmedia View Post
    STEP 2

Create virtual signposts to lead your customers here

Return to your main (re)search engines and search for an item you sell. See it from the buyer's point of view as if they have never heard of eBid and hadn't considered purchasing said item from online auctions. They just want to search to see if they can buy the item online without paying full high street prices.

How far down the list is your eBid listing? As an example, I just checked Google for cheap paperback books - and found one of my eBid listings on page one.
    Hi
    I sell handmade cards and I have been searching on google and I have got to page 20 and I feel like giving up! Nobody will find me on Google! Is my product too 'prolific'?

I typed in something specific into Google( not Google Base) and came up on Page 5 - it was linked to Ebid. Very interesting that the Ebid link came up before E*ay or the Arts B website. E*ay link came up on Page 7.

Quote Originally Posted by *artsbanquet* View Post
    Did you type in "handmade cards" or a specific item name?
    I typed in 'Handmade cards'. As I don't sell specific items - I am trying to think what people looking for a card would type in. I just think that there are so many out there I have got lost in cyber space

I am a bit ignorant as to search engines and how they work. Do you know how to get up through the pages to page 1? How do others do it? If you find your listing and keep clicking on it would that make it rise through the listings or is it more complicated than that?

Hiya,
    I'm really no expert, but to quote nyk - "Key words need to be included in titles, descriptions and graphics" and Damian also says that it is helpful to put links to your other auctions within your listing, that are in the same series.
    I think that search engines pick up through content (so writing good descriptions is essential) and also reciprocal linking with sites similar in theme to your own.
    Don't think it has anything to do with how many clicks a site gets.

Right I will try with a few of my listings and try different words etc -and I'll try and rename my pics too!

Will let you know how I get on! Thanks for your help!

Thread Information