My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Ambitious Sales Drive

What I already do is use a variety of techniques.

At the moment I have some books listed. I know that people often misspell names. So in the auction for some of these I have included variants on the spelling of the author's name - but the text is in either the same, or a very close, colour to the background. This means that the search engines pick up on the fact that the words are there, but the look of the auction isn't ruined by adding lots of junk words.

I have also linked each auction for books in the same series to the other auctions for other books in the same series. This cross-promotion increases the chances of both human and search engine views.

The methods for gaining extra hits on search engines are exactly the same for auctions as they are for regular websites with the exception being that options are limited. We can't, for example, use META NAMES or META WORDS in the header info, but we can carefully use keyword placement within the text of the auction.

Keyword placement is where we carefully consider the specific words that someone might use when searching for the particular object, then we ensure we include them in the description and, if possible, the title, to a lesser extent.

When Nykmedia started this thread I was expecting something new and amazing, not what I was already doing. However, these techniques can and do work. They just require people to make the effort to use them properly.

#29 Red, that's called Keyword Spamming and if it is allowed on eBid, then it shouldn't be. Buyers hate it and it will put people off rather than achieve sales.

(Hi, everyone - been busy on a website and just popped in to say hello!)

Alison
    Check out my shop at http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-IKEA-Plus-Shop
    • IKEA - great items on offer (Special request service offered!)
    • PLUS - lots of other goodies too!

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ok that's that KNOCKED ON MY Head! (ouch it hurt)

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

View cookie88's Feedback (+250)
    All-About cookie88
    View cookie88's Listings
    Forum Posts

lolol i just searched my username.... that is not me at deviantart and I'm not a Ford Truck enthusiast either

but my profile at ebid did come in at #1

*Pats Red's sore head*
    Check out my shop at http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-IKEA-Plus-Shop
    • IKEA - great items on offer (Special request service offered!)
    • PLUS - lots of other goodies too!

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Regarding this >>> When Nykmedia started this thread I was expecting something new and amazing, not what I was already doing. However, these techniques can and do work. They just require people to make the effort to use them properly<<<

I think you'll find that there are many people who do not, and have not, considered the possibilities of what can show up in the major search engines when listing items for sale on eBid. However, if I COULD provide something 'new and exciting' (and make it totally free of charge) I most certainly would. In the meantime, I'm still searching through the dusty mind files to come up with the 'Holy Grail' of eBid selling
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

Hey I just put my user name in as I think people might search for it with a space in between - and gues what?

Number 3 listing was the nominations for the top 30 in nykmedia's chart!

Thanks! But don't think I'll be up in the top 30 this month

Quote Originally Posted by nykmedia View Post
    I think you'll find that there are many people who do not, and have not, considered the possibilities of what can show up in the major search engines when listing items for sale on eBid.
    Did I say otherwise?

I posted my comment because I was disappointed. You'd given this thing such a dramatic build up that I felt let down when you finally revealed what it was. I personally would have felt better about it had you just come right out and said what you were thinking at the start.

HOWEVER, as I said, this doesn't diminish the fact that the stated techniques can and do work. Nor does it take anything from you that you mentioned it to people who may not have thought about using these techniques.

So keep up the good work, but perhaps try to be less dramatic?

I have also linked each auction for books in the same series to the other auctions for other books in the same series. This cross-promotion increases the chances of both human and search engine views.

Hi Damian,
    I did not know this. Could you explain what you mean by books in the same series? An eg. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by *artsbanquet* View Post

Hi Damian,
    I did not know this. Could you explain what you mean by books in the same series? An eg. Thanks
    The easiest way for you to see what I mean is for you to take a look.
    In this case I am referring to books by Jerry Ahern and his Survivalist series.

As each listing also has links to every other listing for these books, it gives people an easy way to not only see what is available, but to also place bids on any/all the books from that series that they want.

The search engines follow links from one page to the next as part of their cataloging process, so providing them with interwoven links on multiple pages increases the chances of a higher search place listing.

Thread Information