Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ambitious Sales Drive

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lofty100e View Post
    Maybe, I'm being thick, but to have your user name wouldn't people already know about ebid?
    well i thought that and my user name is different on each anyway

Quote Originally Posted by nykmedia View Post
    Before I 'dish', you all need to 'fish'.

Not until the following has been achieved can you begin to follow the step-by-step plan to achieving more sales.

1) Early, basic research
    Right.

And your point is?

Is this merely to get people to understand their current exposure so they can measure their later success after following the Grand Plan?

Do we get to see part 2?

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Researching

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    Right.

And your point is?

Is this merely to get people to understand their current exposure so they can measure their later success after following the Grand Plan?

Do we get to see part 2?
    The point of searching for your username is to see how often and how up to date the search engines are, with regards to the frequency of eBid being spidered. Most people I know use Google as their favoured search engine, even when they are buying. First off, I like to know about the person I am buying from, so it isn't unusual for me to do a little research beforehand. But mostly, this is about seeing how anyone can achieve a page one listing on a major search engine without paying a penny.

STEP 2

Create virtual signposts to lead your customers here

Return to your main (re)search engines and search for an item you sell. See it from the buyer's point of view as if they have never heard of eBid and hadn't considered purchasing said item from online auctions. They just want to search to see if they can buy the item online without paying full high street prices.

How far down the list is your eBid listing? As an example, I just checked Google for cheap paperback books - and found one of my eBid listings on page one.

The marketing concept is simple - customers won't visit new sites unless they know about them or by following external links, so let's create some search engine signposts to help point them in the right direction... to the specific items they want to buy, not to a front page that means they have to start searching all over again. This is a venue with many, many doors, we don't want everyone coming in the same one, looking around briefly then leaving. Each seller can invite customers in their own door, straight to what they were seeking to buy in the first place.

After having withdrawn its advertising, the 'significant other' has now 'made up' after their major fall out with Google and resumed their advertising campaign. That means we will soon return to the days of searching for anything and it wil appear to be available 'over there'. But just because they are paying many thousands of pounds to promote in this way does not mean that we cannot do the same, but we don't need to pay for it.

Search for whatever items you sell and see how easy it is for potential customers to find what you have to sell them.
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

Hiya,
    I get what you're saying, but how exactly do we get our items to the top of the page rankings? If the items or "signposts" aren't on the first page of search results, they might as well be invisible. Do you have a method you could share?

"Search for whatever items you sell and see how easy it is for potential customers to find what you have to sell them. "

I did, but my EBid listing was nowhere to be found. Probably on Page 256 of google I expect.
    Last edited by *artsbanquet*; 1st July 2007 at 09:54 PM.

All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by *artsbanquet* View Post
    Hiya,
    I get what you're saying, but how exactly do we get our items to the top of the page rankings? If the items or "signposts" aren't on the first page of search results, they might as well be invisible. Do you have a method you could share?

"Search for whatever items you sell and see how easy it is for potential customers to find what you have to sell them. "

I did, but my EBid listing was nowhere to be found. Probably on Page 256 of google I expect.
    What were you searching for, so I can try similar search?
    No long faces, what you mean is, 'my google listing in nowhere to be found YET'

As an eg, this is one of the items in my Ebid store - Play Mozart Recorder Sheet Music Book+ CD. I searched for Play Mozart Recorder in Google.

All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default OK, time for free marketing :)

Quote Originally Posted by *artsbanquet* View Post
    As an eg, this is one of the items in my Ebid store - Play Mozart Recorder Sheet Music Book+ CD. I searched for Play Mozart Recorder in Google.

Go back to the (re)search engine and search for -

Elgar's Treasures, Violin Sheet Music

Eh? How come that one appears on the first page? It doesn't lead directly to the Ebid item. but leads to the musical instruments category. Ok....very curious to know where this is heading.....

I tried "Play Mozart Recorder Sheet Music" in the Google UK search engine and this time, it showed up on the first page, leading to the Ebid Musical Instruments category. It also works for "Play Mozart Recorder", but only for Google UK.
    Last edited by *artsbanquet*; 1st July 2007 at 10:23 PM.

Thread Information