Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: TV Advertising

Lightbulb TV Advertising

How many Sellers are there on eBid?

I understand that it is expensive to advertise on TV but if we really want this site to take off why not get together to advertise on tv.

We have no listing fees to worry about just the final 2%

Some might think it's a stupid idea, others may not, but for those who really are serious about this site getting somewhere it might get the sales we are all waiting for.

If eBid put something in and the sellers also i'm sure Tv Advertising could be paid for.

Maybe Gazza could come up with his thoughts and other members with theirs.

With the amount of people coming over here from ebay (me been one) this site could really take off in the next month or two.

Any idea can be improved on so maybe between us all we could come up with something

It just a thought and any criticism i won't be upset about.

CLICK ON STORE IMAGE TO ENTER STORE

Take a Look & Buy It Now

Joi
    n eBid Now - FREE to Join

Could be great, however TV advertising can cause a rush of people all at once which could slow the sight to a crawl. This may put off all the people attracted by the TV advert. Also TV ad's run into the £millions

This is where site management would have to look into pricing for tv advertising.

You wouldn't need anything big, just something to get the name across to people who haven't heard of eBid

Take a Look & Buy It Now

Joi

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

The idea is good in principle, but as you TV advertising is VERY expensive. One of eBid's compettitors started up with a flurry of TV adverts and never recovered from the financial burden, resulting in serious financial problems. Gazza & Mark (eBid's owners) seem to take the same view as most of us punters - that is not worth the risk. Of course, if you would like to finance the project they may change their minds.

This subject has been discussed many times before and is unlikely to be taken up.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

I am new to this site so didn't realise this has been mentioned.

If i could afford to do it myself i would be advertising my own business website locally, or even have my own auction site

Take a Look & Buy It Now

Joi

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

No problem Jellyfish, unlike the other auction site if people make a contribution to the forums they are very rarely flamed. We are far more civilised over here so if you have any suggestions or questions just speak up.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

I don't watch TV ads - I use the (ever-increasing) breaks to catch up on what I'm supposed to be doing when I'm wasting time watching TV!

I don't think the outlay would be justified in terms of interest.

People are so dumb these days anyway - when I'm handing out EBID flyers, wearing my EBID teeshirt - 50% of the people I approach say 'Oh we've heard all about ebay - we don't want to know' because they are too daft even to READ.

Any TV ad would have to say about the fees comparison to attract people - if it did, it would be treading a bit dangerously - perhaps open to accusations from feebay.

I think the present approach is starting to work very well - I have had several people say they have seen banners on the net, and have been asking more about it.
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Forum Newbie
    View dannibar's Feedback (+41)
    All-About dannibar
    View dannibar's Listings
    Forum Posts

How many sellers would be willing to donate towards an advertising campaign on TV, billboards or even radio? Has anyone priced these modes of advertising? Surely it is worth looking into, rather than guessing what would happen.
    Seems there are more sellers than buyers on here and it is a great shame. I myself am a refugee and have contacted as many of my past customers that I could find email addresses for, and, judging by my buddy points, none have joined up. Now doing personal mails to them, am not worried about the points but was a way of checking if anyone has registered with eBid.

I think there is a television campaign on at the momment.
    But to be honest i cant remember one advert from yesterdays TV.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dannibar View Post
    Has anyone priced these modes of advertising? Surely it is worth looking into, rather than guessing what would happen.
    http://www.myadbase.com/cgi-bin/guid...tv_advertising

Note that the largest cost is in the production. You can't just look at the screening costs.

If you want more detailed cost then Google for a particular station (e.g. Central). Their sites usually have advertising fees broken down into time slot and area.

I can't see that the return would justify the outlay. Better to put any spare money into the infrastructure of eBid. Or even send Gazza and Mark on a well earned holiday. I sometimes get the impression they never sleep.

Thread Information