My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Using eBid as a 'bolt-on'

Default Using eBid as a 'bolt-on'

I run my main online business using Actinic software with a 'front end' devised in Dreamweaver. I've just added an extra page with links off my home page called "Auctions". This tells customers some of our items have been selected for auction selling and links then take you into my eBid store and even specific products.

What I'm trying to say is I am now trying to use eBid as a tool for my own purposes, using its technology as my own pseudo auction software. This rather than relying solely on eBid to find customers for me (which it still can do, of course). This also after trying to persuade Actinic to introduce an 'auction upgrade' for their own software.

I seem to be getting more 'views' now (but still no sales !) and was wondering if other eBidders had tried this approach before and got anywhere with it...?

David (mrthunder)
    Star Trader online

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi mrthunder and welcome to the forums.
    There are several of us doing similar to what you suggest and have also set up dedicated links pages for anyone interested in promoting by this method. The promotions side of things only started in April, as a joint promotional scheme, so it's early days. However, feedback is extremely encouraging.
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

Thanks for the kind welcome. I have been here a while but only trying the odd thing here and there. I am giving this a real "go" (alongside my regular site and ePay) but if nothing comes of it by the end of July then I'll have to rethink how my time is best used.
    Are things really this "quiet" ? I've run some things which are really a 'wing and a prayer' because it's free but I've also run some things which are quite nice...gathering Views in their teens. But no sales...are there any tricks I should be employing ?

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi David, First of all, go into the 'User CP' at the top left of this page when you are logged in, and add your signature with link to your eBid store, then we can all be nosy and come visit your store to see what you are selling - some may even buy
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

Thread Information