eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Interesting Post - something to chew on...

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CRUSALES View Post
    .... etc etc.... blah blah blah I hate crusales.....

ROFL - wondered when you would show up Blox as my Stalker number 2 - weird huh ! No got a clue what you just said btw ?

Just one more to appear - they are like the ghosts of Christmas.....
    A stalker now, and Blox too! It strikes me Crusales that if anyone disagrees with you, you resort to name calling pretty quickly!

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yawn, night night.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ojleap View Post
    I think those people who have tried Ebid in the past, as I have, and been told such things as "marketing is on its way", "we have great plans ahead for Ebid" etc. and then see the same old lame excuses have every right to be frustrated.

I one for tell EVERY single buyer from every location I sell (including my own website) about Ebid on my Flyer... thats 5000+ orders in two years folks... yet, when we are making such an effort to promote a site and the owners of the site do little to nothing in return, it does make Ebid sellers feel, well, a little cranky.

As I have mentioned, this is my third time back, and one thing I have noticed is the page views have increased on all of my items. However, the page views across a few days here is equivalent to a day on Ebay - but without some mainstream exposure (and no, being top of search engines which Ebid have been for some time doesn't count), Ebid is always going to be the very little cousin to Ebay.

For those who know of and list on Tazbar, they have been doing some marketing to promote themselves, including TV adverts... they only started last year! So if they can do it, why can't Ebid?

I think my main problem with Ebid is that the die hard Ebidders make a point of saying that it is down to the userbase to promote the site... I disagree, as a seller I don't rely on my customers to tell others... I have to pay for advertising and promote myself... so, why can't a recognised site like EBid do the same?
    have quoted this because it is way back among the personal insults (It's like junior school playground in here!)

I don't know that the bit about die hard Ebidders is correct. I think many of us feel that if we don't promote it, we might as well not list. I've been sending ebay item dispatched emails with the url for here for 2 years now. I think 2 people have joined as a result. This is not very encouraging.

As for the stalking allegations, I don't know whether it is true, but don't expect any sympathy because I have been ignored when I have protested about the same (but from different people).
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Thread Information