eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Post - something to chew on...

Oh dear, when I started this thread, it was just to get opinions on the original post (See Post 1) Did not think that it would descend into this.

Can we just not bash Ebid and not bash Ebay either and call a truce.

Agreed, lets find someone else to bash instead - I know, lets all try and buy things from China and the one who can find a genuine seller whose email does not start from Nigeria wins a prize!
    Well, I'm still here. SO why not visit my EBid Shop? http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Totally-Underwear (600+ Items coming soon!!!!!!!!!)

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ojleap View Post
    Agreed, lets find someone else to bash instead - I know, lets all try and buy things from China and the one who can find a genuine seller whose email does not start from Nigeria wins a prize!

i win i got a wholesale list of fake goods anybody wanna buy one

Quote Originally Posted by merlin_man View Post
    i win i got a wholesale list of fake goods anybody wanna buy one
    But is that a genuine list of fake goods or a fake list of fake goods?

All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    But is that a genuine list of fake goods or a fake list of fake goods?
    it`s definately a genuine list of fake goods just ask any ebay power seller

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CRUSALES View Post
    Thanks for making my point Kedo.........

So I must not state my view on Ebid anywhere. I must be silenced for fear of damaging your sales.

BUT..... Its ok for you to lay into Ebay, damaging the opportunities of sellers over there. Which you do regularly as do Most Ebid Diehards.

That doesn't count huh - Are Ebay Sellers like myself unnafected by YOUR criticism of the site....

In my opinion Kedo you are one of the biggest hypocrites here.....
    Crusales, I'd appreciate it if you would leave out the insults!

I wasn't aware that I had attacked feebay in any particularly virulent way. As Merlin says most of us sell there as well!

In answer to you question, yes you're perfectly entitled to voice your opinion wherever you're allowed to (you wouldn't be allowed to on feebay of course). The thing that I find suprising is that you can't see your own.... inconsistency. Writing negative reviews about ebid and so on is all very well but to then come on here and 'contribute' to threads on marketing, lack of marketing, advertising etc. Have a good think about it, try imagining how your actions appear to others.

View BLOXBOOKS's Feedback (+5010)
    All-About BLOXBOOKS
    View BLOXBOOKS's Listings
    Forum Posts

CRUSALES seems to say a great many things....
    "I have been a loyal EBAY user for about five years, but I am just sick to death of the fees and there almighty attitude.

SO I AM DOING SOMETHING INCREDIBLY BRAVE & I AM LEAVING EBAY FOR GOOD !"

But most worrying when a person publishes things on the internet they can become articles that are around for many years in cached archives, so it is important to be honest, check your facts and only use comments that are true, saying things that are not true must be a thing to avoid.

Using posts with provocative remarks and names to try and get a reaction and then deleting....
    Last edited by BLOXBOOKS; 27th June 2007 at 04:42 PM. Reason: missed the word it....
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BLOXBOOKS

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by merlin_man View Post

woooooah hold on 90% of us still sell on ebay and ebay can take the knocks and ramblings of anyone its a billion dollar corporation , yes i lay into ebay but i lay into ebid more but it does not stop me trying to promote here i just want to sell and the more i sell here the better as i sell lots of low value items ebay is no good for me please think about the effect your comments are doing to me not EBID BUT ME

Oh no they can't - ask any of us who have been given lifetime bans from the eBay forums because of our searching questions, and analytical opinions posted there.

Their loss - in the last 30 days I've closed two IDs with shops over there - that's around 1800 shop listings and an average of 750 auctions per month they've lost - and I'm not the only one - they're losing active ID's by the wagon load - some previously thriving categories are now ghost towns.

As Madelaine pointed out - they cut shop visibility in core, then put the prices up, then introduced VeRO and started banning people for the silliest connections to Registered Trade Marks (they even pulled my listing for opium poppy incense because it could be construed as meaning Opium perfume), then rejigged search to cheapest first and fed fuel to the 1p start 99.99 P&P brigade, then they cut international visibility, then they cut google advertising etc etc -

Add into that lot the launch of EBay Express stabbing lots of big shop sellers in the back (no categories for their goods), and the whole site is going to hell and back. They tinker with garbage like the new windorphins campaign, the links bar on the front page and remove the shops links and stuff that people paid for is chopped .

Then ,,,,, when I (and others) ask serious deep looking questions, we get banned - it all smells of a company with a serious crisis of management. Don't mention the revenue increases reported - that's short term panic reaction from the biggest listers trying to retain sales volume (maybe even "creative" accounting a-la-Enron?

Gaz

All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

can i have the present then

View BLOXBOOKS's Feedback (+5010)
    All-About BLOXBOOKS
    View BLOXBOOKS's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CRUSALES View Post
    .... etc etc.... blah blah blah I hate crusales.....

ROFL - wondered when you would show up Blox as my Stalker number 2 - weird huh ! No got a clue what you just said btw ?

Just one more to appear - they are like the ghosts of Christmas.....
    Yes ROTFLOLTNTPIMP, \/\/0\/\/ now taking the role of the miser Ebenezer Scrooge, well thats a great step forward, Ebenezer did get the message from the ghosts and change his wicked ways....Weird yes, but not without irony.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BLOXBOOKS

Thread Information