Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Taking orders for Ebid Merchandise - pens

Default Taking orders for Ebid Merchandise - pens

It has been suggested this thread be stuck on the KT to see if it will generate more interest:

http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread....379#post527379

Latest Count (at 50 pens for £5):
    Confirmed -

1. jgmcarmods £5
    2. Ken £5
    3. Merlin £10
    4. artsbanquet £5
    5. Cocksparrer £5
    6. damian steele £5
    7. litttleme1969 £10

If you're interested, can you please add your name and the amount you're willing to chip in on the original thread please. Thanks.

Keepin this bumped.

Forum Saint
    View Cocksparrer's Feedback (+424)
    All-About Cocksparrer
    View Cocksparrer's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by *artsbanquet* View Post
    Keepin this bumped.
    Bumped again :-)

Pen advertising does work, as im sat here now i have a pen that was given to me 6 months back by a window/conservatory company. I use it constantly to write with and its always floating around my desk.

However, the reason i have kept it is because its a really nice stylish blue/gold parker pen that has a 3D spiral design and lights up red. I have been in the other thread where the pen discussion has taken place and seen the picture of the pen and it could do more harm than good sending them out. Ebid obviously want to advertise themselves as a professional, well run, high quality selling venue... sending out a crappy plastic biro that will probably not even work gives the opposite impression. It gives the impression ebid is cheap and tacky which unfortunately is the view most feebay sellers have of us, sad but true...... im not trying to to knock anyone trying to promote ebid because i think its great but just take a step back and look at the quality of the pens and the impression you would get if you received one from a company, thats all im saying.

i have used adler before and they have some lovely pens, they also do diaries/calendars.... if you have regular buyers who spend a lot with you throughout the year you could perhaps think about them, or even add the cost of the promotional item on to your price/postage it wont be much if you buy in bulk.

I agree with you all coming together and buying in one lot though, its much, much cheaper doing it that way.

Diaries and calenders have a very limited time frame then become useless. I do however take your point about the quality of the pen, however large companies also dish them out as freebies so I don't think it reflects that badly, just make sure it writes before sending it out.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    Diaries and calenders have a very limited time frame then become useless. I do however take your point about the quality of the pen, however large companies also dish them out as freebies so I don't think it reflects that badly, just make sure it writes before sending it out.
    Yeah a year if given before Christmas gonna last longer than those pens for sure

The other reason i hold on to the pen from the window company is because its good quality, i know its going to write EVERY time i pick it up and since im always looking for a pen that actually works i always make sure i keep it around in a safe place........

Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View PATRIOT73's Feedback (+173)
    All-About PATRIOT73
    View PATRIOT73's Listings
    Forum Posts

As long as they work - I'm usually very happy to receive any sort of freebie! (Maybe I'm easily pleased!!)
    them pens look like the sort u get free to fill out surveys etc
    "WALKING IS DEFINITELY OVERRATED"

As long as they work - I'm usually very happy to receive any sort of freebie! (Maybe I'm easily pleased!!)
    yes you are lol

everyone loves a freebie but the idea of the pens is that they are kept by the receiver and used constantly.. each time reminding the user of the company on the pen..... biros pack up too easily and and dont always write when you pick them... im guilty of snapping numerous biros in a temper when im trying to take a message n they dont write

like i said, pen advertising can work very well.. just make sure the quality of the pens are sufficient otherwise people wont want to keep hold of them

Thread Information