eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Googlebase

Default Googlebase

Hi all.

Just returned to Ebid after a long time away (mainly due to the amount of timeswasters I found here, hoping it improves after the time I have put into putting auctions back on).

One avenue to promote on is Googlebase. This is a free service from Google, and it allows you to list items on the Google system. Weblink is base.google.co.uk... One thing that it does do is allow you to import auctions from Ebay into it - Gary & Mark, you may want to look at this as this is one thing your competition is doing that you need to be looking at - working with the big search engines.

Anyway, I hope to be back for a while - if its another flop this may be my last time here...

ATB
    OJ
    Well, I'm still here. SO why not visit my EBid Shop? http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Totally-Underwear (600+ Items coming soon!!!!!!!!!)

If anyone technical or who knows how to do it, could you please perhaps provide instructions on how to upload our Ebid store listings onto googlebase? Does this need G&M's input in any way?
    Thanks

At the moment, the upload into GoogleBase is from Ebay only... it would need some management involvement from Ebid to ask them to allow them to set up a similar function...
    Well, I'm still here. SO why not visit my EBid Shop? http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Totally-Underwear (600+ Items coming soon!!!!!!!!!)

Oh, I forgot, GoogleBase is what used to be Froogle....

Hi ojleap,
    Could you perhaps change the title in your thread and address it directly to Gazza and Mark about googlebase? We may have more chance of having them read it that way.

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ojleap View Post
    Hi all.

Just returned to Ebid after a long time away (mainly due to the amount of timeswasters I found here, hoping it improves after the time I have put into putting auctions back on).

One avenue to promote on is Googlebase. This is a free service from Google, and it allows you to list items on the Google system. Weblink is base.google.co.uk... One thing that it does do is allow you to import auctions from Ebay into it - Gary & Mark, you may want to look at this as this is one thing your competition is doing that you need to be looking at - working with the big search engines.

Anyway, I hope to be back for a while - if its another flop this may be my last time here...

ATB
    OJ
    Perhpas you need to contact the managers! Not much use this without them!

By the way where do you get your Girls from! I want One! (Just don't tell the wife!)

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

Hi all.

For those who don't use Ebay and don't have their own website, you can still use GoogleBase (hence the reason I posted this here) and when you enter the URL link just use the URL link to your EBid auctions... however if you have a lot of items like us, a bulk upload facility is also available.

But the nice thing that it allows you to do is connect to your Ebay store and pulls all of the information from there into GoogleBase, meaning you don't actually have to do anything. Would be nice if Ebid could arrange this for their sellers too.

ATB
    OJ

PS - the girls are not available, they are all mine I tell you, MINE!!!! *MAD DEMONIC LAUGHTER*

Ok I've just realised eBid have stopped listing items on Google products, this is really bad. To do this manually would take me many hours staring at the screen copying and pasting. I have 1,172 Auctions running!!!. There has to be a quicker way. There better be, because Google products (Froogle then) is how DJs look for their Vinyl!!!

I do have a google base account.

I hope there is a quicker way. I need at least is an excel sheet document with Auction Title and given eBid URL. I'll find out what eBid team can do and post later...
    http://uk.ten.ebid.net/stores/PhilsRecords

12" Vinyl: House, Trance, Dance, UK Garage, Urban, Jungle/DnB, White labels, Promos etc...

View BLOXBOOKS's Feedback (+5010)
    All-About BLOXBOOKS
    View BLOXBOOKS's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes PhilsRecords let us know how things go, google base (Froogle) was great when eBid had items there, I checked regular to be sure I was listing at a competitive price, and many eBidders had the best postal prices also.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BLOXBOOKS

Quote Originally Posted by PhilsRecords View Post
    Ok I've just realised eBid have stopped listing items on Google products, this is really bad. To do this manually would take me many hours staring at the screen copying and pasting. I have 1,172 Auctions running!!!. There has to be a quicker way. There better be, because Google products (Froogle then) is how DJs look for their Vinyl!!!

I do have a google base account.

I hope there is a quicker way. I need at least is an excel sheet document with Auction Title and given eBid URL. I'll find out what eBid team can do and post later...
    Phil
    you can get that from Auctions I'm Running - export listings, in IE it saves it as a text file which you can then import into excel, the good thing about that is you can choose which fields you want to import.
    So you can save everything as a full backup of your listings, but can also save another file with what you need for googlebase.

I've got that far but I'm unsure what fields I actually need for googlebase,
    I've found that the google instructions are not very clear.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Thread Information