Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Domain Forwarding

Default Domain Forwarding

The personal Ebid store names can sometimes be difficult for customers to remember. For eg, http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Arts-Banquet-CDs

What can be helpful for potential customers is to purchase a domain name for your EBid store which I've done - www.artsbanquet.info so that they are easier for peeps to remember and to place on your personal marketing material.

Godaddy does really cheap domain names, so it's worth checking them out. You can get domain names from there for between 50p to £4.50 per year. I kid you not!

Godaddy does really cheap domain names, so it's worth checking them out. You can get domain names from there for between 50p to £4.50 per year. I kid you not![/quote]
    No way! i've just paid out 30 quid for mine is it too late to cancle!

Freewebs.com it seemed a good idear at the time but i think i've took on more than i thought

I also pay full price for one of my domains (but only one!), but the only reason for that is that domain forwarding can sometimes be an issue with search engine spidering.
    Otherwise, yes - godaddy is great - especially for peeps in the U.K. because of the exchange rate!!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUENOSEBEARS View Post
    Freewebs.com it seemed a good idear at the time but i think i've took on more than i thought
    Could you not do a domain transfer?

You can get the same thing for FREE without having to pay for a Domain name.

www.bravenet.com offer free URL redirection using shortened URL names.

For example http://clik.to/ebidstore leads to my store.

Quote Originally Posted by *artsbanquet* View Post
    Hi Damian,
    Which is the variable bit? Can we change the clik.to bit or is that standard?
    They have a whole bunch of variations on the clik.to bit. I recall seeing trak.to , slingshot.to , continue.to and so on.

You also, obviously, get to choose the last bit, too. So ebidstore could become mystore, or my-fab-ebid-store and so on. (Although you might not be able to use the hyphens, I didn't check that.)

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

when i get my brain transplant i will have a look until then i got no idea what you on about lol

Thread Information