Thread: eBid Merchandise

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Pre-ordering

Quote Originally Posted by *artsbanquet* View Post
    To prevent wastage and overproducing items? Could orders be taken before the items are produced?
    Yes, that is what we are trying to establish... how many people are prepared to 'chip in' and for what, then work out the most economical merchandise, which appears to be the pens, at the moment. I would, however, suggest that we approach eBid with a suggestion that they contribute the £30 + VAT initial set up costs, as it is to their longterm benefit that the printer has that on file. Plus, it would bring the price of pens down for everyone here.
    Does anyone disagree with that suggestion?
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

Hi nyk, a few questions:

How many pens would £13 buy me?
    I'm assuming the pens are the "slim" type - like the width of pencils (Just wondering because if I want to give them out to customers, there's postage & packing considerations)
    Also - can we customize the pens to include our Ebid store names or is it just the Ebid logo on them?

Thanks

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi nyk, a few questions:

How many pens would £13 buy me?
    I'm assuming the pens are the "slim" type - like the width of pencils (Just wondering because if I want to give them out to customers, there's postage & packing considerations)
    Also - can we customize the pens to include our Ebid store names or is it just the Ebid logo on them?

Thanks
    1000 pens - £105.75 (There is a £30 +vat set-up fee), so 10 people would need to pay approximately £13 each to cover all the costs involved, including P&P. However, if eBid contributed the setup fee, that would reduce the cost to around £10 per person per 100 pens.
    They would all be the same - slim pens with 'www.ebid.net online auctions' (or similar) printed on them and sent out 2nd Class by the 100 to keep costs down. As per a previous post, the setup fee is usually a single payment, so it is to eBid's longterm advantage to invest the £30 + vat to have that in place for future use. Perhaps if there are enough people interested, eBid themselves, will arrange it and offer the items through their auctions (buddy points and normal sales). Otherwise, it's down to the sellers who are serious about bringing in new business
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

I'm up for it. £10 for 100 pens, that works out at 10p per pen. I would like to give my customers a little gift anyway, and this would be light enough not to add too much weight to parcels.
    Just wondering - do you think it would be easier to get more Ebidders joining in if we said £5 for 50 pens instead? That'll mean having to get 20 instead of 10 people joining in, but might be easier to get it together that way?

Also can I add my suggestion of Ebid pocket card calendars to your list? If we do an Ebid calendar on one side only, then sellers can use the blank side to stamp/write/print their Ebid store addresses or anything else they want. Calendars are good also because people keep them for a whole year at least and carry them around. Also, would these namecard-sized calendars be more economical to produce than pens?

Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post
    * Was it bought from ebay then?
    lol, no, i've had it about 10 years, i just think it's on it's last legs. i'm happy to send the keyrings to someone who can produce the inserts.
    i'm also happy to donate some money to help promote ebid.
    just out of intrest does anyone have any pricing ideas on postal delivery, like those envelopes and charity pens,
    maybe thats an option we can look at, we must have members from most counties and areas of the UK who wish to spread the word about ebid

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nykmedia View Post
    1000 pens - £105.75 (There is a £30 +vat set-up fee), so 10 people would need to pay approximately £13 each to cover all the costs involved, including P&P. However, if eBid contributed the setup fee, that would reduce the cost to around £10 per person per 100 pens.
    They would all be the same - slim pens with 'www.ebid.net online auctions' (or similar) printed on them and sent out 2nd Class by the 100 to keep costs down. As per a previous post, the setup fee is usually a single payment, so it is to eBid's longterm advantage to invest the £30 + vat to have that in place for future use. Perhaps if there are enough people interested, eBid themselves, will arrange it and offer the items through their auctions (buddy points and normal sales). Otherwise, it's down to the sellers who are serious about bringing in new business

Had a quote from my printer and he will print on A pen for 12p a pen (Any colour /design)..12p for 1000 = £120 Thats NOT includeing the pens!

I will DEF! be in When do you want the Dosh?

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

Just wondering - do you think it would be easier to get more Ebidders joining in if we said £5 for 50 pens instead? That'll mean having to get 20 instead of 10 people joining in, but might be easier to get it together that way?
    If someone can supply 50 pre-printed pens for £5 + P&P, then I'm in.

I don't see the point of getting too many in one go until sales are somewhat faster than now.

I don't think it's whether sales here are slow or not, it's giving them away to non eBid users from sales elsewhere to entice them to come and have a look here. Sending them to existing eBid buyers seems like 'carrying coals to Newcastle'
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

are there mines in newcastle then

any luck asking g&m about footing the vat etc

www.adler.co.uk do some quality pens, up to 3 lines of text and i think they have an offer on at the moment which isnt on the website of about £1.49 a pen. They also do diaries and other promotional items.

Thread Information