Thread: Cyberdosh eBid loco-promotions list

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nykmedia View Post
    We always appreciate a few more 'thingies'

ToyCrazy's Bingo Bash on eBid

The grid will be 6 x 6 and look similar to the super sell out one, which I have in my 'plug' thread.

The draw - I'll get someone to draw the numbers out at random, so sellers' items don't all appear in straight rows

Listings can be for immediate start or start on first bid, any number of days to finish so long as they are relisted automatically. I agree with HannaHolly, 3 days gives the potential for more front page exposure.

Prizes - will contact eBid with the suggestion of merchandise or, even, points as prizes for anyone succeeding in getting 4 corners, a line or full house (full house would make a great news story LOL) Having thought long and hard about the prize situation, it would only be feasible if we were selling by the row, so prizes could go out with the items to the winning buyers.

Buy it Now - if we are listing at maximum £1 ($2) start bid then please make the buy it now prices realistic and not just a penny more than bids LOL

Start date - Sunday 30th September 2007

End date - when the game ends If you are listing with the 3 day option, then set to auto relist x 10 so it continues to end of October

Hope the above all makes sense and hope this is whatt was meant by ToyCrazy's original idea
    Well Thats as clear as muck then!

Actually I would love to add my name to the list But
    A) I cant sell anything for £1 start! (as thats probally what it would sell for!) and B) I'm on hols half of the Month!

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Red, we're hoping to run a similar challenge every month, so when ToyCrazy came up with the bingo bash it sounded great fun.
    You have a great time on hols and we'll save you a place in the next challenge. The Cyberdosh Chart is still going ahead as usual, so you're in that
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

Sounds good to me.

I've got another idea brewing for another challenge...............eBid treasure hunt! (idea partially nicked from the dark side from a few years ago) This could be a big thing if eBid management got involved. You put in image in an item listing and then reveal a clue to the listing. The first person to click on the link when they've found the item wins the prize! Or with the scavenger hunt, it would be the same, but when you find one item, it has a clue to the next.

View Barrattess's Feedback (+2717)
    All-About Barrattess
    View Barrattess's Listings
    Forum Posts

....I actually won on their treasure hunt.....it was the leather Laz-e-boy.... with telephone, drinks chiller, massager with heat etc....same chair as in 'Friends'....worth £1100.00.....
    ...I remember thinking at the time....well at least I got back some of my fees :-)....

Have a click...You know you want to...

Smile

excellent - I've always wanted one of them!

I saw one of the winning pages once, but someone had already got there first. I spent ages searching for that lunar thing to win the car.

The treasure hunt would be good, say every day in November at a certain time, the message is added and a clue is given. I think it's best to add it to an existing listing as everyone before was just looking at all the new listings! If it gets a decent bit of promotion, it could be fun and popular.

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Is this like some sort of Human experiment to see if we can get together to Promote the site? (sorry been watching too much Star trek lately)
    PROMOTION HAS TO COME FROM EBID MANAGEMENT. ITS THERE SITE NOT OURS. It is my belief that this site has been running for far too long now for it to become massive as we all hope.. Just talking personally here. I tried this site in about 2000 and it was crap, always slow and No sales and often crashing so you move on...Now the point is I did not even give it a second look until 2006 After my massive Thiefbay Bill! So how many other sellers and buyers have not returned? Its the same with QXL. The sites that have been around a long time need RELAUNCHING. Now the way to do that would be to promote something like The NEW EBID. Faster, more reliable and still free to list!
    No matter how much effort we all put in as Individuals The Massive bulk of Promo stuff has to come from the Sites Bosses!. And this worrys me as they seem to be SELLING promo stuff to SELLERS!??? Surely Ebid should be doing Trade fairs, Computer mags, etc etc

PS I still only use this as a secondary site to Thiefbay!

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Wow! Rednosty, look wot you gone done now... a rant!

Quote Originally Posted by Rednosty View Post
    Is this like some sort of Human experiment to see if we can get together to Promote the site? (sorry been watching too much Star trek lately) PROMOTION HAS TO COME FROM EBID MANAGEMENT. ITS THERE SITE NOT OURS.
    Sorry, 'nosty, you have this thread all wrong . If you want to moan about the management then do so, but elsewhere. This thread is about having some FUN on eBid whilst exchanging ideas and doing a little bit of promotion at the same time. This thread is about eBidders who are happy to be a part of these 'silly' promotions that involve online (cyber) cash (dosh) transactions to the benefit of all concerned, whether it's saving you a few pence or pounds on something you want to buy or earning you a few pence or pounds from something you sell. Whether you want to take part as a way of...
    1. establishing links with other sellers
    2. creating an eBid social network
    3. building up your feedback
    4. generating a few sales among friends
    5. practicing a friendly and approachable manner to make your future customers feel welcome and appreciated
    6. having fun whilst working out how best to serve potential customers
    7. providing an alternative entrance to your eBid store
    8. promoting yourself as a reputable, trustworthy seller
    9. featuring your items in the monthly newsletter and elsewhere
    10. getting your name know
    it is down to YOU. Whether or not you decide to take part in these projects, the decision is yours. It is not dictated by eBid, nor is it the responsibility of any other outside 'force', it is 100% YOUR choice to be a part of anything that builds on, and reflects the existance of, the community spirit that has well and truly established itself here on eBid. Sellers here CARE about what their customers think, we work for the benefit of our customers and we want them to have access to the very best we can offer. As well as confronting all of these important issues, unlike eBay (I am not afraid to use the name here), eBid sellers work from a suitable enough environment to warrant actually getting to know their fellow sellers and customers. Repeat custom is the highest compliment any seller can receive, the same way you have complimented eBid by your decision to return here and join the ranks of sellers who have become so disillusioned elsewhere. The truth is, you probably want to succeed on eBid, but you DO NOT want this site to become the next eBay, because then then that self-same community element we all enjoy here would be lost to the masses and we'd be too busy counting up the costs of being part of the huge machine that all else would be swallowed up or cast into oblivion. Have faith in this site and your co-sellers, have fun, and try not to blame the management everytime you stumble into disillusionment - they don't build the hurdles to catch you out, they react to them and try to remove them but, at the end of the day, business is business and sellers must sell. If you don't have enough customers that will come to you, then you need to go out and invite them - and that is what advertising and promotion should be all about - letting people know who and where you are and what you can do for them; it's just that some of us enjoy a little bit of fun at the same time. So, are you going to stick around long enough to come out to play or are you going to stomp off with the sulks? We all know you like it here, so quit being a spoil-sport, enjoy your hols and come back here when you're ready.

All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just preparing the grid and the page layout for the October newsletter - do we really want the ability to 'buy it now' in the Bingo Bash? That will mean anyone could just come along and buy now on three in a row, four corners, full line or full house... your thoughts on this please

View Barrattess's Feedback (+2717)
    All-About Barrattess
    View Barrattess's Listings
    Forum Posts

...personally I don't think 'buy-it-now' would work for this...as you say...some clever soul will come along and just buy a row....

I thought the concept was to have a starting price of £1.00 ...auction running for three, five days or whatever...but this too would cause problems....if all auctions end at the same time, how are you to know who in fact 'won'... :-) ....of course assuming that all items did sell :-) ....

I've been confused from day one...but then that's just me....

Have a click...You know you want to...

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm still confused too.

I was hoping everything would become clear as September drew to a close but I still have no idea how this is going to work.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

Thread Information