Thread: Cyberdosh eBid loco-promotions list

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default eBid Bingo Bash

YES! Let's play eBid bingo!

We need all six players to agree how we are listing etc. I propose the following:

6 players, to make it fair and square we list 6 items each, listing with a start price of £1 ($2 Stateside) no reserve to start on 30th September and end within 10 days of first bid. (Open to suggestions on the duration, and last day September start date is so I can get the grid of items into the next edition of NYK.)

In order to keep the grid up to date, the items cannot be switched between auction styles as it changes the URL codes, meaning anyone clicking through from outside sites cannot find the items pictured. (I promise to check my items this time )

Start date 30th September 2007
    Ends - when the grid is completed and we have our winners.

Prize allocations: 3 in a row, 4 corners, any row and FULL HOUSE.

Prizes: Anyone got any suggestions? The lines will be mixed up and not, as in current super sell out game, with a row per seller. These will be mixed randomly.

Going to search for prize ideas, leave any suggestions you may have here please
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

View Barrattess's Feedback (+2717)
    All-About Barrattess
    View Barrattess's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile

....Yes...I have this absolutely stunning 'dish thingy' and a beautiful small 'vase thingy' .....but I must stipulate that if I win...I decide who get's to keep 'em......:-)

Tess

Have a click...You know you want to...

Thumbs up

As long as I can get them in time, I will give one of these:

I thought it might be a good idea if we all had our own 'cards'. (I think this is the same as what you are suggesting ).

Each auction is like a number on the bingo card, so we each get 16 random items on our card eg

I get: 5 16 9 2 ropegg gets: 18 3 9 19
    17 25 23 1 24 7 16 25
    8 30 19 4 1 29 17 2
    31 4 22 24 8 14 32 28

So we all get different sets of numbers, although some of them are the same. Could also do a card 3x3 instead of 4x4. Prizes for a row (up down or diagonal), 4 corners and then full house!

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

All sounds very complicated! I'll leave it to someone else to sort out.
    meanwhile i'll find 6 items with £1.00 starting price to list from 30th September.
    I'll add one of these to the prize pool http://uk.ten.ebid.net/perl/auction....4-0&mo=auction

All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ummm.... I'm lost on the numbers game already, I just meant we all have 6 items to list and they get put into the grid randomly rather than row by row like the sell out challenge... OH! I get it now!!
    I'll get the family to put numbers 1 to 36 in a hat and draw them out for each seller so it is a totally random selection - is that what you mean? In fact, we'll do that and list them on here as they are drawn, make it more interesting LOL

I think we'll need to add a code into titles again, something like Bingo01, 02, etc, according to our numbers, so people can search for the numbers if they are playing the game. And we'll need a paragraph for inclusion in the description, so random bidders realise that the items are part of a game. Now THAT would make it interesting LOL Players would have to take them on in the bidding.

Prizes - we could ask eBid about a prize

View Barrattess's Feedback (+2717)
    All-About Barrattess
    View Barrattess's Listings
    Forum Posts

...You don't want my 'thingies' then...LOL :-)

Tess

Have a click...You know you want to...

Thumbs up

Yes, that's what I mean - like with real bingo, everyone has random numbers, but some get the same. Each item is represented by a number, so the grids I did above would have the item pictures instead of the numbers. (I think that's what I mean, anyway! )

Maybe eBid could donate one of their mugs and hats to the winner!

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ToyCrazyUK View Post

I thought it might be a good idea if we all had our own 'cards'.

Hi Toy, I'm confused. Nothing unusual in that though.

I am not understanding how we could have our own cards (each one being different) without things getting really confusing for the buyers, especially if they are new to eBid. And, if I understand right the buyers are the winners of prizes and what the sellers get out of this is a better sale if the bidders want to work for a prize.

If we are donating the prizes who pays shipping on them to get them to the buyer winning the prize. I think it will be hard to justify asking the buyer to pay shipping on the prize he won and as hard to justify asking the seller to pay the shipping for the prize they have donated when they may not even sell the items they have listed.

I must be missing something so help me out.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm with Peggy here. I don't really understand the 'cards' principal. Lets Keep it simple. Not all potentual buyers will be playing bingo. It's quite possible that no one will will ( a bit like the lottery really!) because lots of individuals have bit on separate items. But that's fine

I was visualising one published grid. The fun was for those ( probably forum members) who wanted to join in. could try to buy 4 items to get a line or 4 corners - the first to achieve this would win a 'prize'. ( i'd vote for just one winner rather than separate prizes for three in a row etc..)

Where our items appear in the grid could be done by pulling numbers out of a hat ( maybe with a no more than 2 items in a row/on a corner rule).

For the 'prize' this could either be something one/some of us donates, or iteally we get NYK to work her charm on the boys for them to send out some ebid merchandise to the winner.

NYK has suggested putting our auctions on ten day listings ( I assume this is to keep the url the same?) I'd prefer three day listings with an 'on first bid' start- but will go with the majority view. I'd also like to be able to include a 'buy it now' price ( maybe up to an agreed limit) because i think this helps sales - which is really what we're all aiming for isn't it

All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default :)

Quote Originally Posted by Barrattess View Post
    ...You don't want my 'thingies' then...LOL :-)

Tess
    We always appreciate a few more 'thingies'

ToyCrazy's Bingo Bash on eBid

The grid will be 6 x 6 and look similar to the super sell out one, which I have in my 'plug' thread.

The draw - I'll get someone to draw the numbers out at random, so sellers' items don't all appear in straight rows

Listings can be for immediate start or start on first bid, any number of days to finish so long as they are relisted automatically. I agree with HannaHolly, 3 days gives the potential for more front page exposure.

Prizes - will contact eBid with the suggestion of merchandise or, even, points as prizes for anyone succeeding in getting 4 corners, a line or full house (full house would make a great news story LOL) Having thought long and hard about the prize situation, it would only be feasible if we were selling by the row, so prizes could go out with the items to the winning buyers.

Buy it Now - if we are listing at maximum £1 ($2) start bid then please make the buy it now prices realistic and not just a penny more than bids LOL

Start date - Sunday 30th September 2007

End date - when the game ends If you are listing with the 3 day option, then set to auto relist x 10 so it continues to end of October

Hope the above all makes sense and hope this is whatt was meant by ToyCrazy's original idea
    Last edited by nykmedia; 21st September 2007 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Adding more chit chat

Thread Information