Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyberdosh eBid loco-promotions list

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree, a 28 day countdown is too long; if a buyer sees something they want, they don't want to wait that long but I also don't like the 3 days after 1st bid as it puts the auctions at the end of the search pages.

I would prefer either 7 or 10 day listings. It gives enough time for the auctions to be promoted properly without the buyers losing interest.

I also think that later in the month would be better. It takes it away from the YDC and will give all the sellers time to understand what's involved.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good news about EBID contributing something. I'd be fine with CMjewells 7 (or 10 day) listing idea too. I think we're getting somewhere!. Looking forward to hearing the views of the other contributing sellers

View Barrattess's Feedback (+2717)
    All-About Barrattess
    View Barrattess's Listings
    Forum Posts

.........so far so good!

Auction...starting price £1.00.....middle of the month....

Have a click...You know you want to...

Evening all!
    Had a PTA meeting after work and then couldn't get on the computer!
    Good new about the eBid goody bag. I like the 7 day listing idea with the normal auction rather than 'on 1st bid' as that put it at the end of the search results, although if you prefer listing that way, it shouldn't be a problem. Having a BIN would be good so they may not all finish at the same time.
    Maybe we could each have 9 random items from the complete list that we mark off as we sell. (not just our own items, but a mixture of everyones) 1st one to get 3 in a row or complete their grid wins!

eg this could be ropegg's grid
    :
    this could be nykmedias:

and this could be barrattesses:

we put an 'X' across each item as it sells, and see who gets a row first!

Does this make sense I hope so, I'm not very good at transferring ideas out of my head!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

View Barrattess's Feedback (+2717)
    All-About Barrattess
    View Barrattess's Listings
    Forum Posts

....right,....that's me completely lost....

...just tell me when and what and I'll be there :-)

Have a click...You know you want to...

Question

oops, sorry, when I did the preview, it showed all the grids in the posting - now it's just put the links! Here would be your bingo card (random 9 items from all the listings): when an item sells, you mark it off your card and try and get a line.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

umm... I'll sleep on this and see if I 'get it' by tomorrow LOL
    Me stoopit the noo
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ToyCrazyUK View Post
    oops, sorry, when I did the preview, it showed all the grids in the posting - now it's just put the links! Here would be your bingo card (random 9 items from all the listings): when an item sells, you mark it off your card and try and get a line.
    Hi Toycrazy. I understand a published grid for buyers, but I don't understand why sellers need a grid too? We're not trying to win anything? I'm happy for it to be just a grid for buyers

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6
    5 . 6 . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4
    3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 1 . 2
    6 . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5
    2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 1
    4 . 5 . 6 . 1 . 2 . 3

6 in a row wins - down - across - diagonally (not sure who is furnishing and shipping prizes)

4 corners wins (not sure who is furnishing and shipping prize)

full house wins (eBid is furnishing and I assume shipping prize)

With each of the six sellers being given a number and their items placed as this grid indicates, except for the two diagonal and one four corner possibilities where 4 sellers would make a sale, each seller would make a sale if there is a winner.

Buy Nows would take away the possibility for excitement that could build from someone wanting a spot.

Using one of your ideas (I think) the above grid could have the numbers replaced with a picture of the item that individual has for sale and placed in each listing with the possible wins and a statement telling it is a Bingo promotion in which the winning buyer will win something but it would be nice if they knew what they have a chance of winning. I don't know if this would be legal due to the fact to win they have to make some purchases.

I don't really think this is what ToyCrazy had in mind but I don't understand what she does want unless it is that the sellers (instead of the buyers) are playing for the prizes (not sure who is furnishing the prizes and paying shipping on them except for the full house prize by eBid). I think I had the wrong idea from the beginning thinking it was for buyers as the best I can figure she just wanted a few of the sellers to join together just to play among themselves.

I certainly admire ToyCrazy for thinking on it and trying to help get something activated bit I am STILL IN A STATE OF CONFUSION AND I THINK I AM NOT ALONE.

I will be there to try to help the cause though if and when something goes.

God Bless,
    Peggy
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

Hi
    I was thinking that it was us playing, but I am happy for the buyers to be the ones playing instead. We could still have a few 'buy it nows', but make sure that a full line cannot be purchased that way, so that someone doesn't just come along right at the beginning and buy one line. It's starting to make sens to me now - the buyer who makes the purchase that completes the line wins a prize (I don't mind paying shipping for the bingo caller I have offered as a prize) and the one who makes the purchase to complete the grid also wins a prize. I was thinking that the buyer had to buy everything to win! I hope that's what everyone was thinking!

Can we do a hyperlink to the bingo grid in our listings and if someone puts a cross through the items as they sell, the buyers can see what is left.

Thread Information