Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyberdosh eBid loco-promotions list

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cmjewels925 View Post
    I'm still confused too.

I was hoping everything would become clear as September drew to a close but I still have no idea how this is going to work.
    I feel the grim reaper is about to strike on this weird Game!

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm getting confused too. this needs to be very simple.

Why do we need 'full house' or 'three in a row'? Why not make the winner the first person to buy FOUR in a row ( after all- a row has four in it- not three) or all Four corners. That's it - we have our winner! and if no one wins because the lines get 'blocked' by other buyers. that's fine too

The reason I would like to list my auctions both as auctions AND as 'buy it now' is because my primary aim here is to make sales - and giving the buyers more choice equals more sales . However if the majority would prefere we all list for a set period of days, then i'll go with the majority.

I don't think it matters which of us 'sellers' wins here - we are already winners because of more advertising of our products (Thanks NYK) . Lets not shoot ourselves in the foot by restricting our selling options too much!

All-About HannaHolly
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Barrattess View Post
    ...personally I don't think 'buy-it-now' would work for this...as you say...some clever soul will come along and just buy a row....

I thought the concept was to have a starting price of £1.00 ...auction running for three, five days or whatever...but this too would cause problems....if all auctions end at the same time, how are you to know who in fact 'won'... :-) ....of course assuming that all items did sell :-) ....

I've been confused from day one...but then that's just me....
    Barratess- if 'some clever soul' comes along and buys a row - shout HOORAY!! it'll mean four of us made a sale!

View Barrattess's Feedback (+2717)
    All-About Barrattess
    View Barrattess's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't think it matters which of us 'sellers' wins here....

Hi Val...I didn't mean which seller wins....I thought there was going to be a prize for the buyer who wins....
    ....and do you mean starting an auction at £1.00 and having a 'buy-it-now.....yes....that would make sense...I think...but then would every seller have to do this ...probably....I'll sit back and wait for the outcome I think...

Have a click...You know you want to...

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default ToyCrazy, correct me if I'm wrong please :)

SIMPLE VERSION

List 6 items with NYK in the title
    List as normal gallery auctions, no buy it nows
    Starting price £1 (or $2) no reserve
    Available to all countries
    Start immediately (this weekend, not right now)
    End in 28 days

Then promote, invite buyers, do whatever you want to advertise your top bargains and sell, sell, sell. All the items will be listed on Cyberdosh in a grid similar to this month's 'Super Sell Out' one and I'll load an image of that grid on here, so you can all copy/paste it into your plug threads.
    We are looking for winning buyers - anyone who succeeds in buying all corner items (4), a full row of items (6) or, ultimately, FULL HOUSE (36)will win a prize or bonus gift. I'm working on that right now, as I think we need some major incentive to attempt full house. Although... it is getting near to Christmas shopping time, so it isn't impossible.
    Last edited by nykmedia; 24th September 2007 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Simplifying
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Six, not 4

Quote Originally Posted by HannaHolly View Post
    I'm getting confused too. this needs to be very simple.

Why do we need 'full house' or 'three in a row'? Why not make the winner the first person to buy FOUR in a row ( after all- a row has four in it- not three) or all Four corners. That's it - we have our winner! and if no one wins because the lines get 'blocked' by other buyers. that's fine too

The reason I would like to list my auctions both as auctions AND as 'buy it now' is because my primary aim here is to make sales - and giving the buyers more choice equals more sales . However if the majority would prefere we all list for a set period of days, then i'll go with the majority.

I don't think it matters which of us 'sellers' wins here - we are already winners because of more advertising of our products (Thanks NYK) . Lets not shoot ourselves in the foot by restricting our selling options too much!
    I see your point about the BIN - I'm happy to include BUY IT NOW, so we can make it up to the seller, that way everyone is happy

We now have six sellers, so that's 36 items in a 6 x 6 grid. That narrows the options to 4 corners, a line of 6 or full house.

All-About HannaHolly
    Forum Posts

Half way through a pm..and you've edited the post i was pming about!.. I'll take a break and pm you later.. meanwhile could you have a think about 'on first bid - with a three day countdown' rather than a 28 day countdown listing.? Also the keyword to ID our listings - shouldn't it be 'bingo?. Still don't understand the 'full house' concept ??

All-About HannaHolly
    Forum Posts

.. or. if the 28 day listings proposal was to tie in with the NYK pubication, How about advertising this as a 7 day challened starting on an agreed date in mid oct? ( a weekend that doesn't clash with YDC)...
    Where's toycrazy - what were their thoughts on this?

All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default ToyCrazy, where are you? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by HannaHolly View Post
    .. or. if the 28 day listings proposal was to tie in with the NYK pubication, How about advertising this as a 7 day challened starting on an agreed date in mid oct? ( a weekend that doesn't clash with YDC)...
    Where's toycrazy - what were their thoughts on this?
    Yes, I'm trying to get this all together in time to promote it in the newsletter, but it is ToyCrazy's promo, so we really need to hear from her to get the basics. Bingo is ok but other items will show up along with the promotions, what about TCB as in ToyCrazy Bingo?
    Sorry about the editing but I'm not 100% sure of how this is going to be formulated as it isn't my promotion LOL I'm confused too!

On a great big PLUS note, eBid management has agreed to donate a goody bag of merchandise as a 'full house' prize

Will anyone attempt to buy everything in the grid, do you think? I would, if all the items are good enough to use as Chrissie pressies LOL

Thread Information