My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Yahoo Groups

Default Questions about Yahoo Groups

If you search Yahoo Groups for eBid you'll find a couple of people have groups with links to their eBid shops.

Does this form of marketing generate interest in eBid?
    Can you only use a link to your store, if you sell things of interest to that group, can only the owner of the group use links like that?

Is it worth creating an eBid Yahoo Group, or would it work better to start something like a Sci-Fi & Fantasy Book Group to link to a Sci-Fi & Fantasy books store, or a Stamp Group for a stamp seller's store, or are groups becoming old hat now, with newer ideas like Myspace around?
    Last edited by Gothicina; 18th June 2007 at 12:11 PM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

I'm not convinced that MySpace is particularly beneficial, unless I'm doing it wrong!
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

MySpace works only if users build up their friends lists, put a link to their Ebid Store/Website on their profile and leave comments on friend's profiles(with a link to their Ebid store/website in the signature).

I have got to know of many businesses and talented individuals via MySpace I would otherwise have never heard of. So hopefully, it will work the other way round as well! :-)

It's probably impossible to quantify or measure how effectively it works, but it can't hurt either.

If you have a MySpace Blog, you can also get friends to subscribe to it.

Hi Gothicina, I have two yahoo groups and I must admit we havent allowed selling or advertising our own items in the past as I had a lot of trouble with people just posting lists of items for sale, so i banned it as they all ended up fighting with each other. But I wouldn't stop any one from advertising ebid or there own store as long as the sales where completed off group. Each time i reply to a members post a link to ebid is displayed along with it and i do know a few have joined from up, sadly they do not use the site properly as yet but am going to work on that later. Also like you say the groups are a bit quiet at the moment.

Thread Information