eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please list free classifieds sites, & your experiences with them here.

Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Default How I've got on so far.

This is how I've got on with the classified advert sites so far, after approximately 10 days.
    I've put two adverts in each of the following (except the last one)
    one for my eBid book shop, the other for my China & Pottery one.

Loot southeast will not accept my adverts.
    Vivastreet don't seem worth the effort, my ads still aren't posted.

http://www.nationalads.co.uk/
    Very easy to use, they've a WYSIWYG editor for your information,
    clickable links, new ads displayed on the frontpage. Not many ads, but seem to be a fair number of users online. Ads display for 20 days, most ads are free, they give you £2.50 credit when you join which you can use for enhancements if you want to. They've got RSS feeds as well. You can choose all across the UK as a location.
    Views on my 2 stores links stand at 26 for the books 11 for the china, that's in 10 days. Google picks up the ads well.

http://www.iclads.com/
    More based on location than the others, the site is easy to use. Adverts run for 90 days The ads are added to RSS feeds I can't find viewing figures for my adverts.

http://www.classifieds.co.uk/
    The adverts have to be approved by their editorial team before posting. The store links are shown but are not clickable.
    They have RSS feeds, they also give you a weblink to use to link to your adverts. My bookstore ad has been viewed 9 times my china one 7, in the adverts run as long as you want them too.

http://www.advertsdirect.com/classifieds/XcClassPro.asp
    Send an email when your adverts go live,they run up to 60 days.

The links to your stores are clickable. My book store ad has been viewed 22 times, my china one 18, in 10 days. (both are flagged as hot links (popular))

http://www.ypoi.com/index.aspx?LanguageID=3
    is a strange site it's partly classifieds & partly a web search engine.
    Not only can you add your stores in adverts you can also add eBid categories & you choose the keywords you want to link to your advert.
    You can also submit your website to the search engine part.
    Adverts run for up to 9 weeks, all of my 7 adverts have been viewed, the least 6 times, the most 23, in under a week.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff

I suppose it's worth it if it brings just one perosn to look at your stuff, but it can be a lot of time involved. I have to wonder whether it is cost effective in time, if that is a scarce commodity for you.

We all want to find the magic solution that will give maximum results for minimum input. It is possible to spend all day on these sort of things, but if it isn't effective then it is time wasted.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    I suppose it's worth it if it brings just one perosn to look at your stuff, but it can be a lot of time involved. I have to wonder whether it is cost effective in time, if that is a scarce commodity for you.

We all want to find the magic solution that will give maximum results for minimum input. It is possible to spend all day on these sort of things, but if it isn't effective then it is time wasted.
    I'm certainly not suggesting everyone use all of these sites. But the only way to find out if/how they work is to try them.

If we, or at the moment maybe just I can worth through the list once at least, we can discard the ones that do not accept classified adverts for our stores, or have lots of glitches & downtime.

I'm not going to have a great deal of time over the next couple of weeks so will not get time to test the rest of the list for a while, but thought it better to at least list the results so far.

The amount of time it takes for people to use sites like this is why I've listed the posting duration of the adverts.

That way each of us can decide if we can fit in the use of one (or more) of these sites to try & promote our business, or not.
    Gothicina.

My Stores

My Alter egos

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff

Even if the advert is posted only once, don't the search engines pick them up and then they're stored "forever" on the web??

View Barrattess's Feedback (+2717)
    All-About Barrattess
    View Barrattess's Listings
    Forum Posts

National Ads....great site......Loot will not accept my ad?

Have a click...You know you want to...

www.cheapukadds.co.uk

I got a free ad for a year with a link to my store (not clickable) with the option of adding up to 3 pics

Have had 43 views in approx 3 weeks though I think at least 10 were from me!

Well the ads seem to be doing something, as I said the ones I've done have been for my Kewtonia ID, on that ID, I've made sure I have a buddy point link to join the site in every listing.
    I can see from my buddy points people ARE joining the site, so the ads may not have translated into sales for me, but they have bought new members, so hopefully sales for others.
    Gothicina.

My Stores

My Alter egos

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Used Loot and got about 10 phone calls! Durrrrrr Don't forget to unclick the box that aloows your phone number to be printed.

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

View ttoc48's Feedback (+102)
    All-About ttoc48
    View ttoc48's Listings
    Forum Posts

been on to national ads,created account,havent got any £2.50 and tried to place a free ad 2 days ago,still waiting for them to email me back to say its ok,do they usually take awhile?

Thread Information