eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Spring bulbs

Smile Spring bulbs

Hello to everyone - a newbie here!
    Just a quickie.
    All of my spring bulbs have done there thing and I have cut them down to the soil. Do I now pull them up and leave them to dry somewhere until next year? I habvent got a greenhouse.
    They are all still in there pots as I dont quite know what to do with them and need the pots/space to be honest to do some further /potting/planting.
    ALSO lol - I have recently bought some Giant Sunflower seeds and dont quite know how to sow them (ie individually or all together?)
    Any advice gratfully taken on board.
    I thank you (one and all) :-)

m.o.f

Hi, M.o.F!

Can't help personally, but the linked site below has some advice about your giant sunflowers.

http://www.geocities.com/sunflower_info/Site_Plan.html

Forum Diehard
    Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View BridalStudio's Feedback (+47)
    All-About BridalStudio
    View BridalStudio's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mollofflanders View Post
    Hello to everyone - a newbie here!
    Just a quickie.
    All of my spring bulbs have done there thing and I have cut them down to the soil. Do I now pull them up and leave them to dry somewhere until next year? I habvent got a greenhouse.
    They are all still in there pots as I dont quite know what to do with them and need the pots/space to be honest to do some further /potting/planting.
    ALSO lol - I have recently bought some Giant Sunflower seeds and dont quite know how to sow them (ie individually or all together?)
    Any advice gratfully taken on board.
    I thank you (one and all) :-)

m.o.f
    In answer to your spring bulbs...Firstly you should always bunch the tops by tying or using an elastic band to secure all the straggly leaves...You normally (bit late now) let the greenery die back into the bulb (i,e goodness goes back in) then disguard the brown dried knots
    The bulbs now need to be laid in an open wooden box, in a shed or wherever, ready to plant again in the autumn...or put them into the garden (Autumn) and leave to grow & multiply...

With regard to your sunflower seed Plant in a seed tray six to a tray, when they have a well established root, replant into fresh compost in your tubs..ONE to each & place six foot canes for support. Tie them in as they grow (HUGE)....Have fun and enjoy the world of gardening...I'm off to Gardeners World this weekend in Birmingham, I will be absolutely shattered, but it will be well worth the trip...

Wink bulbs n sunflowers

THANKS to you two lovely people for your help and advice.
    Nice site this - I may well be a convert AHEM! lol
    As soon as the rain has stopped I will start having a potter (good play on words that dont you think?)

ENJOY GARDENERS WORLD and dont spend tooooo much.

CHEERZ :-)

Thread Information