My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Online book sales in general

90 Days now without a sale. Have transferred about 475 books over from Feebay. Send more over every day & seem to get plenty of people looking but..............
    http://us.four.ebid.net/stores/Second-Street-Books
    eBid Store Owner osceolabul [7]
    A Variety of Used Books

Quote Originally Posted by osceolabul View Post
    I've been here since November of last year & have had very few sales. 4 to be exact. Have listed over 260 books so far & it is very discouraging. Keep moving them over from High Fee Bay (where still get sales) but wonder if am wasting my time & effort. Unless Ebid goes out & does some serious advertising I'm afraid this site is going nowhere. The site is Great to work on but lack of sales makes it pointless. Good luck in whatever you decide. Richard
    Seems to me we should all pull together and make this site work. If we create or add to ebids search engine we'll be on that list as well.

On Yahoo, Google, etc..., if we all created a small website using our own keywords (ebid) would show up in the searches we/they are looking for. If we all invest $100.00 a year over a 12 month period for our own small website it will pay off-

This is just my thinking rather than help close down a great website, let's make it work!!!

Paul

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello , I have just started trying books , not that I have a lot ...but I wonder if the buyers are put off by the post & packing ??? do they realise postage has gone up a lot ...
    just as an example....you can have a book starting at 50p but p&p could be a couple of £ depending on the size / weight of book...I belive this is a major part of the problem....
    Papa..
    Last edited by papagran40; 31st July 2007 at 05:32 PM. Reason: spelling

Papa: There is no answer to the problem. Postage rates just have to be dealt with. It now costs $11.00 to send a book to the UK from the USA. No other rates are available. Get a lot of people looking at my books but no sales. Had one 14 days ago & now it looks like a non-paying bidder. Got real excited there for a while. Don't know what to do..................Richard
    A Variety of Used Books

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Richard , yes you are right....I know we are getting looks , even when reposted...but we cannot get them to put their hands into their pockets....
    one of these days I might let out a roar of joy...
    I might sell something....best of luck to sellers....
    George.

Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View Bearsden06's Feedback (+26)
    All-About Bearsden06
    View Bearsden06's Listings
    Forum Posts

Put a few cheap ones to list 10 p max on the other side to keep your income ticking over and the interest,and keep E bid for those expensive ones for which you may have to wait for just that one customer to come along thats been searching for a long time.,but in the meantime it does not cost you anything to leave on the shelf,on view
    When you sell one on the other side refer them to your e bid site as well, one satisfied customer will follow you

Bearsden06
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/secondtime-books Still trying to find that elusive book why not visit us we may just have it.=For other collectables come and see us at http://uk.ebid.net/stores/DudleysCollectables

Can't say that books sell well. Have sold 5 since last October & the last one was a Non-Paying Buyer. Have over 600 on with lots of lookers but much be doing something wrong because they sure don't purchase any of them. See where ubid is doing some heavy advertiseing over here in the States, may have to check them out. This does not seem to be working after many hours of work. Richard
    A Variety of Used Books

Post book sales

ive had a few sales via ebay and www.listbooks.co.uk/user/ally1967 tazbar has been a bit slow but i would rather buy on line than charity shops

Quote Originally Posted by ally67 View Post
    ive had a few sales via ebay and www.listbooks.co.uk/user/ally1967 tazbar has been a bit slow but i would rather buy on line than charity shops
    Hi there are plenty of books listed here if you like buying online . Erm, I know your new and probably don't realise, but it's not really acceptable to link to your sales away from eBid (it's against the Forum rules). Why not list some on here?

Thread Information