eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is the selling of latest Region 1 DVD's allowed on E-Bid?

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

well if you can go into uk shops and buy region 0 and region 1 dvd`s then i cannot see how they can say you can`t list them as long as the film makers etc. are getting their cut there should not be a problem
    even hmv will order you a region 1 dvd if you ask them ???????

just list them

Quote Originally Posted by titandvd View Post
    the message i got from support was:

"As you are aware you can only list such items in the relevant regions of copyright certification so unfortunately, the answer is no."

Which isn't strictly true but if that's their decision then so be it.

That means only region 2 titles can be listed if you ar ein the UK but i can see how it is such a grey area.

As i said the other auciton site is awash with region 1 DVD's so it can't be not allowed otherwise they would clamp down on it.
    load of rubbish, you can legally sell region 1 dvds over here as long as their genuine, amazon, play.com, choices all do it perfectly legally, just like i can legally sell region 2 dvds to the states and canada, there are a lot of people now have multi region dvd players, and a lot of people actually buy region 1 dvds instead of region 2 as there is more special features packed onto a region 1 disk, if your selling genuine region 1 dvds theres no law says you cant

Do the community boards combine all regions, u.s., u.k. and canada?

When listing a dvd and or vhs can you use the isbn?

Quote Originally Posted by Haddy54 View Post
    Do the community boards combine all regions, u.s., u.k. and canada?

When listing a dvd and or vhs can you use the isbn?
    Yes I believe so. I am from England UK
    Name:  ukflag.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  4.8 KB

And you are from USA
    Name:  usflag2.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  4.9 KB
    Last edited by raindropsies2; 23rd March 2008 at 01:43 AM.

Amazon recently made it impossible for UK based sellers to list Region 1 DVD's as new. Used-Like New is fine but new just cannot be done! It isnt an option on the drop down menu. I am not a pro Amazon seller BTW, just like here its all part time.

I signed up as a play trader a month or so ago and they will not allow me to list any region 1 dvd's.

I was listing a DVD on feepay about a month ago and when I clicked 'list' a message popped up from feepay, this is the email I sent them:

This seems to be the only way to contact you about this problem. There is no item number. I was looking at "How can you tell if a DVD is a counterfeit, and you (ebay) say if a DVD is region 0 it is probably a conterfeit, I don't think this is true, as I have bought several DVD's from W H Smith and Woolworths in the past couple of months and 90% of them are Region 0, does this mean they are counterfeit and should I take them back? The number I have put in is from a seller who is selling an All region (0) DVD and this is/was for sale in W H Smith and Woolworths.

Guess what I had as reply, nothing!

What the note said was "if a DVD is region 0 it is probably a conterfeit" what a load rubish!
    My CD and DVD listings. Mobile and mp3 accessories
    http://uk.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...arch&type=user

Yeah, small studios often release stuff that has no region encoding. I am a big fan of Alex Cox's films and most of his stuff is released as region free as its all low budget, small studio stuff.

Thread Information