Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Antique Fairs and books

Default Antique Fairs and books

Can anyone advise me.

I have a fair amount of books which I consider to be antique fair material, but not necessarily the stereotypical 'old, rare and dusty' stuff. I am toying with the idea of getting a table at an antique fair.

Would anyone like to give me an idea of the type of stock which is acceptable to take on the day, or more to the point what is unacceptable, as I understand sellers' stock is vetted.

I am completely green when it comes to antique fairs so please go easy on me.
    http://im1.ebidst.com/upload_banner/booksforsale_61768.jpg

Booksforsale For Vintage Homewares and New & Secondhand Books

Main Store - Click Here

Join ebid here

Hi Bookforsale. I do not sell books but the The Antique Fairs that I have attended seem to let the seller sell whatever books they have. With regards to being vetted that usually depends on the size and status of the fair. If you are attending a small local fair they are probably happy to see you stand. If it is a large established fair then they would probably vet your goods before the fair. The best I can say is to pick out the fair that you want to attend and then give them a ring asking if there is any stipulation on what you can sell and whether you will be vetted. Hope this helps.

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View DaisyChain's Feedback (+76)
    All-About DaisyChain
    View DaisyChain's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi booksforsale

I would go along with ugrow generally, but what i would emphasise is actually visting a couple of antique fairs and in paticular book fairs BEFORE you decide to sell, especially if you have not been to one before.

I mean no disrespect at all and im not saying that your items are shoddy,but i think if you havnt been to a fair before, its easy to misjudge the quality of items that are sold at these fairs.

Also if you dont already, invest in the magazine "book collector" from WH smith, an excellent resource and good luck
    Click here to see my items for Sale!
    Amiga, Mega Drive, Playstation Games and More!

Thread Information