Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Ebids adult section

Default Ebids adult section

Hi,
    I have been selling collectable mens magazines from the 60's thru to 1990's for about 18 months. At first I could get away with it on ebay.co.uk then that door was closed. Then I moved to ebay.de where certain titles were fine and others not but still generally okay. This year ebay.de have started removing all titles except penthouse and playboy. So when I found ebid I was quite happy. However the adult section is not busy enough! I just did a search on auctionlotwatch for mayfair and didnt get one hit from ebid (there are 41 mayfair's listed here at the mo). Last year QXL had a 2 week free listing period and I managed to get about 250 magazines listed in the time. About 80 sold after NPB's, which isnt bad. Oh I wish ebid was as busy!

Now, a lot of UK sellers of this stuff used ebay.de and I had a lot of international sales from there. Because of the recent crackdown there will be sellers and buyers looking for a new venue. One that isnt as expensive as QXL and that is properly international. Ebid is deffinitly the venue I want to use but that little adults section really needs to be more obvious! And it would really help if searches done from sites like auctionlotwatch picked up the contents of the adult section.

Please give us retro erotica sellers a proper home!

Yet to do so risks offending the vast majority of eBid users, especially those whose children visit the site. Highly visible adult auctions would be a real problem.

Thread Information