My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: finding great wholesale deals

Default finding great wholesale deals

anybody know of great wholesale suppliers to purchase and resell items especially electronics

Forum Newbie
    View tnarng8883's Feedback (+4)
    All-About tnarng8883
    View tnarng8883's Listings
    Forum Posts

all my items i have posted on my ebid store are at sub-whole sale prices, the retail on these items are alot higher if interested contact me.. got lots more not popsted ,but no electronics except computer.

Worldwide Brands seems like a good place to find good wholesale providers. Inorder to buy from a real wholesaler you have to have a business license..

Pontefract, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View astro941's Feedback (+27)
    All-About astro941
    View astro941's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jabbasyacht View Post
    Worldwide Brands seems like a good place to find good wholesale providers. Inorder to buy from a real wholesaler you have to have a business license..
    For UK take a trip to the next Gift wholesale exhibition at Birmingham or Harrogate. (Type Birmingham NEC into your browser) You will have to register online. You will find hundreds, if not thousands of wholesalers and allied selling trades showing their goods at these shows. You don't need a licence for buying from a wholesaler but you will require to prove to them that you are in business. I have recently registered with 1 massive wholesaler but it was like getting into the Bank of England. Some others I have found it comparatively easy to register with. Some will do cash and carry with minimum orders from £150 - £250, others will only deliver free carriage if the order is above say £350 as one example. Regarding your type of business, be honest and up front with them, they know that the internet is opening up and that it can benefit their business. If you tell them lies most will either spot it straight away or later on. Some wholesalers do protect their current buyers and in one instance a wholesaler I buy from rang up a shop in the town that I live in and asked if they had any objections to me becoming one of their customers.
    Once you have registered when viewing items don't forget to add the VAT to each item, do your market research on products, take a look at Ebay for instance can you be competative? Watch out for clearance lines some are good but some are the tail ends of lines that were not good sellers in the first place. My advise is that you will need to have a stock control and pricing policy in place before you begin to buy wholesale. Also figure out where you are going to store the items once you have purchased them. Don't forget the wholesaler had to start somewhere and they do realise that you also have to, build up a relationship with them. Having said that some of them will have the skin off your eyes if you are not careful so never look a gift horse in the mouth. I buy following this mantra - Quality, Condition and Price. If it poor quality and poor condition even if it is a good price how will your customer see this at the end of the product flow? Go for best. I don't follow my personal likes and dislikes of products, I'm only buying it to sell on not live with it. Another tip is to look at each individual item and think what will it look like as a photgraph and also most important, guage the weight for posting, not forgetting your fuel cost to buy the items although this can be set against tax. Good luck.

Les Smith

@astro941

I was refering to the USA. Inorder to buy from USA wholesalers directly, you have to have a registered business and Tax number ID. This to collect sales tax.. We don't have a VAT tax, so when buying from wholesale companies for inventory they don't collect sales tax.

Pontefract, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View astro941's Feedback (+27)
    All-About astro941
    View astro941's Listings
    Forum Posts

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by jabbasyacht View Post
    @astro941

I was refering to the USA. Inorder to buy from USA wholesalers directly, you have to have a registered business and Tax number ID. This to collect sales tax.. We don't have a VAT tax, so when buying from wholesale companies for inventory they don't collect sales tax.
    Hi, I though so, thats why I started with For UK. You appear to have a very complicated system in US, I was interested to note a posting on Auction Bytes regarding a link up to paypal by your Revenue Service.

Good Luck

Les

Hi, i'd like suppliers of americana/prim items any ideas?

Diane

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Gardia-Textiles-and-Treasures

Thread Information