My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Postcards Do You Collect ?

I like browsing through bulk lots of older cards - of which there are pitifully few on the site at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by bluefincircle View Post
    I like browsing through bulk lots of older cards - of which there are pitifully few on the site at the moment.
    I know what you mean.
    I love to spend a couple of hours reading messages on old postcards and admiring the images.
    There is so much social history in them.

Ahem -

Just a(nother) hint to all you postcard sellers.

This site is growing rapidly by the hour - I would say everyone should
    L@@K and L@@K AGAIN
    Will be the best postcard site in the universe S@@N

Forum Newbie
    View sugarbe2's Feedback (+309)
    All-About sugarbe2
    View sugarbe2's Listings
    Forum Posts

We collect old postcards that have been use. Mostly funny ones. But we have been known to buy cute ones too.
    Check out my coins

Check out my stamps

Have a great day
    Doug & Mindy

Put Cash into your paypal account FAST
    http://www.private-millionaire.org/1/75543622-gateway-page.htm

I collect postcards mainly of Torquay Devon and a few of Paignton & Brixham - also Castles - and also postcards of the villages near where I now live - Jacksdale & Westwood & Selston Notts also Ironville & Codnor Park Derbyshire. I maintain the village website for jacksdale.org.uk so local history is close to my heart.

So pleased to see this site building by the hour and the massive amount of postcards being added. Because I love handling postcards and find them so interesting I have started to sell topographical postcards myself. I have sold quite a few and they nearly always get posted back to the village town area they depict. I am so pleased to be part of sending history back to the place of its origin.
    I am also trying to also give details of the person and address the postcard was sent to as as a keen family historian I know this is of great interest to genealogists
    My hot tip for anyone tracing their family tree is to check into rootschat.com - free to join and lots of friendly help there for beginners and all alike.
    Oh! And check out my postcard store CAZPOSTCARDS

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up

yes this is an old topic, but its always changing, I have been collecting p.c. since my childhood @7 i had to go into hospital so my aunt bought me an albaun and thats how it started, mainly its places Ive lived though also anything that suddenly appeals, as can always sell later, yes the postal history side can be very distracting, and takes a lot longer to list cards.
    hope all you collectors enjoy all aspects of the collecting of postcards. its surprising what some people collect.

Any early 1900 postcards of Rainham in Kent or Sutton in Surrey for family history project. if anyone has any point me to the listing.
    Myositis in Focus : my website on the awareness of the Muscle inflammatory disease

My Daily Journal : my Daily Blog " Living with Dermatomyositis

Years Gone By My Genealogy and Family History store

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Talking

I'm not a collector, but there are a few subjects I look out for, for myself or Best-Beloved. These are: Mevagissey, Cornwall; Fawley & Calshott, Hampshire; and anything illustrated by Haslehust.

If anybody's got anything they think suitable, I'll not take offence if they get in touch.

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

will see what stock we have we actualy run 3 stocks as we have a unit at Seaton Devon, a stock that we take to fairs and to top up the fair stocks, also plodding through the rest to go on here.
    tHERE IS A P.C. fair at lostwithiel in september which we would love to have done, but dont think we cant actual get down for that, do you go to many fairs.

Thread Information