My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Question for stitchysil

Smile Question for stitchysyl

What catagory would you say a tatting book should go in ?
    it uses crochet cotton but makes lace, so should it be crochet or lace making and would you say it should go in my knitting shop or sewing shop ??? Its not really knitting is it? but then its not really sewing either Help !

Smile

Hi,

I would put it under knitting. I had a lot of knitting patterns and amongst the books were tatting as well as crotchet patterns. So I definately concider putting them under knitting. I hope this is of help.

Quote Originally Posted by sanddancer View Post
    Hi,

I would put it under knitting. I had a lot of knitting patterns and amongst the books were tatting as well as crotchet patterns. So I definately concider putting them under knitting. I hope this is of help.
    Thanks hun will list it later...... This was one of my big ideas to learn how to tatt, after weeks of looking at the little shuttle in awe, I gave up

Forum Diehard
    Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View BridalStudio's Feedback (+47)
    All-About BridalStudio
    View BridalStudio's Listings
    Forum Posts

Tatting is tatting....Crochet is crochet...Knitting is knitting...Lace making is etc etc...
    I have been into arts and crafts all my life although I didn't have a go at tatting until a couple of years ago...It is actually a craft of it's own...
    I inherited loads of craft goodies from an old Aunt and tatting was just a small part of it...Now if your talking about bobbins for pillow lace, I have boxes of them..which I do sell off from time to time. Rather someone else have the pleasure of carrying on these traditions...Just cannot do everything...

yes but unfortunatly ebid don't have a section for it so its going in the knitting shop under craft patterns.. Time for tatting anyone ?

Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View Bearsden06's Feedback (+26)
    All-About Bearsden06
    View Bearsden06's Listings
    Forum Posts

Try adding the word tatting to your title bar tis make life easier for the searcher.
    Bearsden
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/secondtime-books Still trying to find that elusive book why not visit us we may just have it.=For other collectables come and see us at http://uk.ebid.net/stores/DudleysCollectables

Tatting is not something I'm familiar with. I'd imagine that I'm not alone in that. Maybe auctions for unusual items/hobbies etc should also include a brief definition of what the term/s mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearsden06 View Post
    Try adding the word tatting to your title bar tis make life easier for the searcher.
    Bearsden
    You don't really think i would list it without putting what it is in the title do you

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    Tatting is not something I'm familiar with. I'd imagine that I'm not alone in that. Maybe auctions for unusual items/hobbies etc should also include a brief definition of what the term/s mean?
    Join the club Damien and i can't really ever imagine you learing to tatt

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View stitchysyl's Feedback (+2137)
    All-About stitchysyl
    View stitchysyl's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've just seen this thread...how did I miss it before...???

Tatting is not knitting, or crochet. It is a craft on its own and is actually quite popular, especially in the USA. Its only an 'unusual craft' if you don't do it.
    Just google tatting and see how many links come up...

I have received some lovely tatted items as gifts over the past year. I have had a go at tatting and can just about manage a decent needle tatting thingy, but shuttle tatting is another failed attempt after another.

BTW...Queen Victoria was a great tatter and was an expert designer...if anyone would like a book outlining the history and popularity of tatting I could sell you one...lol

I would ask for it to be in a seperate catagory...then I could sell all my tatting books and shuttles.

I think the same applies to lacemaking and beading....both these crafts are popular in the adult classes in my region and I have seen some wonderful items produced.

Thread Information