Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Spreading the word about Ebid

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    Seems like it's the rabbits in the headlight syndrome all afraid to move!
    Well this bunnys not got caught in any headlights LOL

Seems like it's the rabbits in the headlight syndrome all afraid to move!
    Ity's not so much a question of rabbits in the headlight syndrome as were are the best sales.

Example. In the last twelve months I have had 3 sales on eBid. In the last week I have had 30 sales on ebay and this is average for this time of the year.

As somebody said before 'is it better to sell free on ebid and make nothing or pay ebays rates and make a profit'.

I agree that ebay are getting greedy and that they are making it harder to sell things in the US and now they have this stupid feedback system. It seems that they have a death wish by allienating their sellers. But the unfortunate truth of the matter is that they are the only site that can produce sales on a consistant basis. I wish they wearn't

The only reason it continues to make sales over there is people still support the ****** place. If everyone stopped listing it would fold tomorrow, so would people stop buying no they would go to where the sellers are. If your local vegetable shop closes you don't stop eating vegetables do you!
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

The only reason it continues to make sales over there is people still support the ****** place. If everyone stopped listing it would fold tomorrow, so would people stop buying no they would go to where the sellers are. If your local vegetable shop closes you don't stop eating vegetables do you!
    Well said Ken!!

What you say is true if everybody stopped listing then it would fold but what are the chances of that happening.

The chances of everyone stopping listing on e*ay are as remote as the sun going out. We have to live in the real world not a fantasy world.

The only reason it continues to make sales over there is people still support the ****** place.
    People support it because that is where they can get sales and where they can find items that they are looking for. It's a catch 22 situation. A lot of people use e*ay as there sole business and need to have regular sales. They cannot afford to have items listed for a long time waiting for sales so they stay were they are. That is why they support it. They may not want to but as in any business you have to go where the sales are.

Forum Lurker
    View artlandish's Feedback (+19)
    All-About artlandish
    View artlandish's Listings
    Forum Posts

I understand and totally agree with what Ken is saying.

At the moment, since the major changes on Ebay, things aren't selling very well on EBay anyway - AND we're paying for the privelege of not selling either. The regular sales are dipping for many sellers over on Ebay.

Nobody expects ALL Ebayers to defect to Ebid, that of course is pure fantasy. However, there's a thing called the Tipping Point; if enough Ebayers move over, the balance will tip in EBid's favour.

The only reason it continues to make sales over there is people still support the ****** place. If everyone stopped listing it would fold tomorrow,
    Unfortunately they know that no matter how many sellers they p*ss off, there will always be plenty more to take their place. I know that a lot of high volume powersellers are very fed up, and ebay couldn't care less for that very reason. Although the sellers pay their fees, it's the buyers they look after - because without BUYERS the site would fold. There will always be sellers.

Forum Lurker
    View artlandish's Feedback (+19)
    All-About artlandish
    View artlandish's Listings
    Forum Posts

Do you all think it's ok to put a link to our EBid store or at least talk about Ebid on the new Ebay "My World"??

Also, has anyone tried writing a review about Ebid in the reviews and guides section of Ebay?

!!!

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by artlandish View Post
    Do you all think it's ok to put a link to our EBid store or at least talk about Ebid on the new Ebay "My World"??

Also, has anyone tried writing a review about Ebid in the reviews and guides section of Ebay?

!!!
    You can try, but other people who have done that have either had a slap from the pinks or been thrown out. It just depends on if you want to continue having a FEEBAY account.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Hi, I have recently arived & would like to say hello. I am another disillusioned E.Bay powerseller & believe me there are a lot. I have decided not to list my new stock on there & hope to gradually transfer all my items over here & wish the site & all you lovely sellers health & prosperity in the future.
    Sonia

Thread Information