Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Spreading the word about Ebid

Wink

what about taking some of Gothicina's flyers and sort of forgetting where you put them when you were out shopping? You know you had them with you but you left them somewhere was it on the bus or in the cafe?
    Last edited by jockjunior; 11th February 2007 at 12:12 AM.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Talking Just gotta convince the BBC forum now!

One way I try to promote ebid is through all the other forums I subscribe to.My latest effort on the BBC seems to have been met with some scorn! http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mblifestyle...thread=3874914

I think a great idea would be to promote ebid on bebo,myspace,tagwold,facebook & sites like these.
    If you pass on the word to your friends and they pass on to their friends, then the word will develop so quick that all the sudden Ebid will be big big time. www.a-klass-shop.co.uk

bluebedouin,
    That was a valiant try. The problem with some people is that they keep hoping for the next big thing to happen, the next big auction site to challenge Ebay and so on, but they wouldn't know a good thing if it hit them in the face.
    The next big thing is already here - and it's Ebid, but it's not going to happen without a lot of concerted effort - naysayers and pessimists will wait for everyone else to do the groundwork and then hop on the bandwagon when the bread has already been baked!

Quote Originally Posted by *artsbanquet* View Post
    bluebedouin,
    That was a valiant try. The problem with some people is that they keep hoping for the next big thing to happen, the next big auction site to challenge Ebay and so on, but they wouldn't know a good thing if it hit them in the face.
    The next big thing is already here - and it's Ebid, but it's not going to happen without a lot of concerted effort - naysayers and pessimists will wait for everyone else to do the groundwork and then hop on the bandwagon when the bread has already been baked!
    This is very true..
    There are many ways to promote EBID I choose to do it this way..
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/GemSensation
    Ok I'll get a major slap if the pinks over there find it, but it will be worth it. Ive got 3 customers this week to come over and give it a try. Hopefully they will stop and look around. To add to the 30 or so of my old feepay customers that have already bought on here.
    Once they get this long awaited update done I'll add some of my jewelry there and start pushing that through the auctions. EBID seriously needs some good buyers in that cat. And from what Ive seen we do have some good bargains in shops over here in that department.
    I also tell everyone I know, have links up on all my webpages, even have the bid kid as my avs on messengers etc..lol
    If we want it to work, we have to really push it. Nothing worse having comes easy, and paying the fess on the other site leaves a nasty taste in my mouth when I could be giving some of that to Gaza & mark to further improve here.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AKLASSSHOP View Post
    I think a great idea would be to promote ebid on bebo,myspace,tagwold,facebook & sites like these.
    If you pass on the word to your friends and they pass on to their friends, then the word will develop so quick that all the sudden Ebid will be big big time. www.a-klass-shop.co.uk
    If you think that eBid is good why do you not contribute and try to sell things on here?
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

Littleme.
    Ebid as been brought up on feebay on the boards. Due to feebay stopping the U.K. listings being shown on .com. There are a lot of people losing sales due to this, plus other problems on the site, feedback, scammers, etc. Some people are thinking of moving sites, but are being told Ebid and other sites are to quiet, plus they need Paypal as a payment option, but it is not avialable on Ebid. I have put a reply that Paypal is now available on Ebid. Suggested they give Ebid a tryas they have nothing to lose. Explained about the uo & coming revamp which should make it an even better site.

Hi trina, just PM'd another friend who will spread the word about as well and we will all get on to it in the morning. thanks for letting us know

Seems like it's the rabbits in the headlight syndrome all afraid to move!
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Quote Originally Posted by trinaisaac View Post
    Littleme.
    Ebid as been brought up on feebay on the boards. Due to feebay stopping the U.K. listings being shown on .com. There are a lot of people losing sales due to this, plus other problems on the site, feedback, scammers, etc. Some people are thinking of moving sites, but are being told Ebid and other sites are to quiet, plus they need Paypal as a payment option, but it is not avialable on Ebid. I have put a reply that Paypal is now available on Ebid. Suggested they give Ebid a tryas they have nothing to lose. Explained about the uo & coming revamp which should make it an even better site.
    Do you have a direct link to the threads?
    Would make it easier than spending hours surching through them I would expect the powers that be to pull them as they have done many times before, they wil find some excuse im sure

Thread Information