Thread: Advertising Postcards

Forum Lurker
    View MosPostcards's Feedback (+16495)
    All-About MosPostcards
    View MosPostcards's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Advertising Postcards

Hi,
    In order to boost sales further and promote postcard collecting I have paid for a 6 month advert in Picture Postcard Monthly. Hopefully this will assist all the postcard sellers on this site. Hopefully the advert will bring more people to Ebid. Should be visible within a month or two at most.
    Perhaps other sellers could also consider the same just to show that there is an alternative to Feebay.
    A big thank you to all those that have supported me on this site.
    Mo

Forum Lurker
    All-About MosPostcards
    Forum Posts

Smile

Hi Val,
    Yes they do at www.postcardcollecting.co.uk. This is the postcard collectors bible for latest news and info on both modern and vintage postcards. It dosen't cost that much for an advert in the mag. I should of done it a lot sooner really.
    All the best
    Mo.

View BLOXBOOKS's Feedback (+5010)
    All-About BLOXBOOKS
    View BLOXBOOKS's Listings
    Forum Posts

hello Mo, that is great news, I have been slow listing postcards, when I was a lad I collected them, I could spend hours in the Flea market back home in Wigan all those years ago, those embroidered cards fascinated me, I wish I still had them...\/\/0\/\/, I feel nostagia overtaking me.......
    Last edited by BLOXBOOKS; 31st January 2007 at 12:29 AM. Reason: spelt embroidered wrong.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BLOXBOOKS

Forum Lurker
    All-About MosPostcards
    Forum Posts

Smile Adverts

Hi Bloxbooks,
    Thanks for the support. I am trying everything I can to promote this site. With more postcard sellers we will encourage more buyers to take the leap of faith and join this friendly auction site and buy from us.
    I think I will also put an advertisement in one of the family history magazines. A lot of postcard collectors are interested in genealogy. This will also help other sellers of historical collectables.
    All the best with your sales
    Mo

Forum Lurker
    All-About MosPostcards
    Forum Posts

Smile New postcard advert

As my sales continue to increase on Ebid I have now submitted a new Ebid / Mos-Postcards advert.
    In addition to the advert already in Picture Postcard Monthly I will very soon also have an advert in Family History Monthly.
    As I am interested in genealogy I want to encourage the many thousands of people with a smiliar interest to this site.
    Please consider listing any family history related items as i will be bringing potential buyers your way.
    Good to see some of the other postcard dealers are going from strength to strength. Can you encourage others to join us?.
    All the best to my previous and future buyers. I am always adding new cards to my stock. More support = more stock.
    Mo.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well done Mo, I noticed the postcard section was growing rapidly.

I have around a thousand early postcards sitting on my desk at the moment. I will find the time to list them soon but I'm working on the antique print section at the moment. I have views of most places in the U.K. going back 250 years. Perhaps these will be of interest to genealogists too.

When you say family history related what do you mean exactly?

Forum Lurker
    All-About MosPostcards
    Forum Posts

Smile Family History Related

Hi Kedo,
    When I say family history related I literally mean anything which could link to someone's ancestrors. Examples are old photographs, postcards, old personal documentation, history books, genealogy cd's, micro fiche, medals etc etc.
    All the best
    Mo

Quote Originally Posted by MosPostcards View Post
    Hi Kedo,
    When I say family history related I literally mean anything which could link to someone's ancestrors. Examples are old photographs, postcards, old personal documentation, history books, genealogy cd's, micro fiche, medals etc etc.
    All the best
    Mo
    Hi Mo
    I'm new here, but have been able to list a number of postcards. Not family-history related, but I will certainly put some on if I can get them.
    Best wishes
    Bryan

Thread Information