Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 60 of 153 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970110 ... LastLast

Thread: Additions to FAQ Pages

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by selectivetreasures View Post
    Not answered at all in the Escrow faqs are what the protections are for sellers.

For instance, what if the buyer returns the item to the seller, but the item has been damaged or replaced with a fake (and the seller can show before/after photos which prove this)? What if a buyer just has buyer's remorse?

I need to know these things before I sell high-end items on your site, so please let me know.

If you want to be a good alternative to eBay/Paypal, you should remember to respect the sellers as much as the buyers - eBay/Paypal does not.

I was disheartened to see these FAQs geared towards buyers only.

Thanks,
    Marie
    Surely the best people to ask about that are the organisers of whichever escrow service you are intending using. Any answer given on these boards would be generic, and maynot apply to the service you are thinking of using.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View heatemyfather's Feedback (+53)
    All-About heatemyfather
    View heatemyfather's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lofty100e View Post
    Surely the best people to ask about that are the organisers of whichever escrow service you are intending using. Any answer given on these boards would be generic, and maynot apply to the service you are thinking of using.
    I assume the poster means PPPay, as that is eBid's official payment partner, and this is the only forum available as the PPPay site has none (I take this to mean that it is the same team, or person, who runs eBid and PPPay, and they don't want to have to keep tabs on two separate forums).

I agree with the poster, there are several holes in the PPPay FAQ that could use some clarification or filling, not least of which is what appropriate (possibly legal) action sellers can take when things go wrong, even if that is outside of PPPay's jurisdiction it would be nice to get some advice on what the next step should be, with some links to official legal advice.
    My auctions: video games, photography stuff, miniature wargaming hobby bits and pieces
    My eBid stores: Miniature Hobby Store | Old Games
    My eBid adverts page (also home to my free eBid promotional graphics):
    http://www.jonathanmortimer.co.uk/adverts/

All-About lofty100e
    Forum Posts

Heatemyfather: while your idea of giving advice about what to do regarding bad sellers is a good one; it would get very messy, what with eBid getting more and more international.

I agree though there are parts of the site that do need tidying up/ re-writing the FAQ section and reporting auction facility are just two of them.

Forum Newbie
    View adorning's Feedback (+43)
    All-About adorning
    View adorning's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    If you have come to the forums to find answers to questions that you could not find on our FAQ page, please tell us the question you need answering by replying to this and we will endevour to add it to the FAQ pages to help others in the future.

Thanks
    Gazza
    Perhaps a dialog box to search for keywords in FAQ (i.e. REPOSTING) ...as I've been looking for pointers on reposting because my site is a mess with double listings right now. I had to read through 41 titles to find something relevant to get started with the clean up.

Forum Newbie
    All-About abesdiscount
    View abesdiscount's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question listing errors

if there was some kind of error in my auction listing, how would I go about ending the listing early? I'm new to this.

Go to your 'MyEbid' and in the lefthand panel 'Auctions I'm running' then from the list pick the one you want then either 'close' in which case it will go to your unsold section, or 'Delete' in which case it will go forever, alternatively you could just edit it
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Default e,bid account

the amount of €1.99 is being stopped from my credit card account since 3rd June 2008, I have tried in vain since the 3rd of July to close my ebid account without success after sending three e/mail's. I have received no service's for this payment and I request you close my account and refund amounts paid, I also request you remove all my bank and credit card details from your file's with effect from this date. I will seek legal advice on this matter if I dont receive a reply from you in the next 72 hours. I notice you have no means for a member to close their account on your web site, so it is very easy to open a account but very hard to close it.

All-About lofty100e
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by unveteran View Post
    the amount of €1.99 is being stopped from my credit card account since 3rd June 2008, I have tried in vain since the 3rd of July to close my ebid account without success after sending three e/mail's. I have received no service's for this payment and I request you close my account and refund amounts paid, I also request you remove all my bank and credit card details from your file's with effect from this date. I will seek legal advice on this matter if I dont receive a reply from you in the next 72 hours. I notice you have no means for a member to close their account on your web site, so it is very easy to open a account but very hard to close it.
    If you try to take legal action on this you would just get laughed out of court.
    When you signed up to join eBid as a seller+ membership you took out a subscription membership; which re-news automatically, until YOU cancel it. This is explained in the agreement.

If you would like to cancel your membership this can be done by accessing "my subscription", you can either downgrade to "buyer" status there. This will stop any further charges.

It may help to read things in future before agreeing to them.

By the way to include a weekend in the 72 hours is a bit unreasonable.
    Last edited by lofty100e; 16th August 2008 at 06:02 PM.

Forum Newbie
    Goole, East Riding of Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Dreamrider's Feedback (+1)
    All-About Dreamrider
    View Dreamrider's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Multiple accounts

Hi There,
    I'm quite confused (and frustrated) about how to contact ebid about my account being put on hold and am not sure if this is the correct forum. However, I would like a reply to the following, please.

Further to opening my account with you last night, I see that it has now been put on hold. I believe this is because I opened two accounts last night and have since discovered that multiple accounts are not allowed.
    I opened two accounts because one was intended for my personal use and the other was intended for my business use. (From my experience with other auction sites, I thought this was the proper thing to do).
    I'm sorry that this has contraviened your rules and would ask for your advice, please, on how I may be able to correct this.
    If it is possible to have a personal and a business account, I would like to do so, for obvious reasons. Could I register one account in my wife's name?
    Looking forward to your reply.
    Kind regards, Dreamrider.
    PS: I have found it impossible to contact you via the web site. Could there not be a direct link to customer support?

View victorfrank's Feedback (+160)
    All-About victorfrank
    View victorfrank's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamrider View Post
    Hi There,
    I'm quite confused (and frustrated) about how to contact ebid about my account being put on hold and am not sure if this is the correct forum. However, I would like a reply to the following, please.

Further to opening my account with you last night, I see that it has now been put on hold. I believe this is because I opened two accounts last night and have since discovered that multiple accounts are not allowed.
    I opened two accounts because one was intended for my personal use and the other was intended for my business use. (From my experience with other auction sites, I thought this was the proper thing to do).
    I'm sorry that this has contraviened your rules and would ask for your advice, please, on how I may be able to correct this.
    If it is possible to have a personal and a business account, I would like to do so, for obvious reasons. Could I register one account in my wife's name?
    Looking forward to your reply.
    Kind regards, Dreamrider.
    PS: I have found it impossible to contact you via the web site. Could there not be a direct link to customer support?
    Hello. have you tried: support@ebid.net?

Thread Information